Pattern : Candy Babies

Yarn : Lion Brand Suede Yarn in taupe and coffee, Paton’s Divine in white
Hook : Sizes G and H

As I was making these I would keep setting them down just to stare at them because they were so cute. It’s like when you get a new haircut and you can’t stop looking at yourself in the mirror because you’re so enthralled with how you look. Maybe that’s just self-absorbed little me….

Unfortunately, the first pair I made with the size H hook (12-18 months) were so large they only stayed on Elliot’s feet if I put them over another pair of shoes. So…I HAD TO make another pair a size smaller (G hook/6-12 months).

The picture below shows a little better the size difference between the two pairs. In addition to the smaller hook, I used a different hdc decrease on the second pair to tighten up the fit.

So now I’ve got TWO pairs of baby UGGs, only one of which will fit Elliot, and even even then not for long as I think (hope?) the weather will be warming up soon. I’m thinking the other one will probably need to be a gift for some other lucky baby.

: : Modeled by their fetching owner : :

Although these stay on much better than the first pair, in the end these fall off his feet too, making it hard to show them off in public. They almost always end up in the diaper bag which is so sad. So I’m going to try and add elastic ties inside and see if that helps. If not, I can always just put them on a shelf and stare at them…

Categories: baby, crocheting

7 Responses to Crochet UGGs

1. nova says:

Oh, a friend of mine used some sort of elasticized business in some knitted boots she made her daughter and they worked. These definitely don’t belong in the diaper bag! They are super cute!

2. elli says:

All he needs is a hoodie, a pair of sweatpants with something hoochy written across the heinder, and a gigantic tote bag and he can join an IU sorority! My nephewling is growing up so fast. *sniff*

3. c.rachel says:

Those are so adorable!

4. Oiyi says:

Elliot looks fantastic in those boots. I have had that book for a few years, but still haven’t made anything out of it. You need to make him the complete outfit.:-)

5. The Wooden Spool says:

These boots are toooooo cute! Love your blog!

6. Deborah says:

Oh these are too much! So adorable. This is probably the first project I’ve seen that makes me want to learn to crochet. My grandma gave me a vintage pattern for a bunch of crazy cute baby shoes that I had to give to my sister because I don’t know how to crochet. So sad.

7. thinkingmama says:

Those are so cute! I have a hard time getting shoes to stay on my wee one’s feet too.

I love your blog!