The Lickety Split Sewing Pattern PDF is now available for sale! Yaaaay!
This pattern is for the Lickety Split Bag previously featured here on my blog; it is reversible and can be easily sewn in just a few hours (or less!). It’s so versatile you’ll find yourself using it for everything: a book bag, shopping bag, stroller bag, diaper bag, and more! The four pockets are optional (and super-handy for keys, phones, or water bottles), and the adjustable tie strap allows you to get the perfect fit. It can be sewn on a regular machine or a serger.
YOU WILL NEED
- 1 yard of quilting cotton for each side of the bag (or less; the amount of fabric you use depends on how you position the pattern pieces, which depends on how the design is printed on the fabric)
- ric-rac or other trim for pockets (optional)
Body of bag: 18″ wide x 13″ tall at center
Overall height: 34″ total with straps untied, approx 26″ with straps tied
- Detailed step-by-step instructions
- Color photographs to augment instructions
- Hand-drawn summary sheet of instructions (a cheat sheet if you will…this is totally campy but totally me)
- Complete set of full-sized pattern pieces (attach together before cutting)
HOW DOES INSTANT DOWNLOAD WORK?
When you click on the “Buy Now” button, you will be brought to a payment page so you can pay with Paypal or a credit/debit card through Paypal. Once you make your payment, there will be a link that you can click to download the pattern. You will also receive an email at your Paypal email address with a download link. These links expire, so make sure you get your download right away!
For those with little experience downloading and printing PDF files, I would suggest a test download with one of the free patterns on my blog before purchase to make sure you have the correct software. For more information, see my purchasing/printing instruction page.
The digital PDF including pattern and instructions will be sent to your Paypal email address (please do not request that we forward to a different address. Thanks!) via instant download link as soon as payment is received.
License to Sell Only ($10)
Purchase the License to Sell if you would like to sell bags from the pattern. For more information on my handmade sellers program, see my Seller’s Page.
Please read my purchasing/printing instructions first if you have never purchased an instant download PDF pattern before. Thanks!
: : OTHER STUFF : :
Special thanks to Andrea, my good friend, fellow blogger, and sewist extraordinaire who reviewed the pattern for me!
Pardon my dust
I have worked so hard on this pattern and getting the instant downloads to work smoothly and properly, but as you might expect, problems can and will arise no matter how much testing you do ahead of time. Would you please let me know if you find mistakes, if something is unclear, or if I could make something better? I really appreciate your patience as I get all the glitches worked out.
Lickety Split Photo Pool (add your pictures when you’re finished!)
Sign up for my newsletter!
- ▼2014 (45)
- ▼April (12)
- Liesl + Co Patterns Giveaway
- Trifecta Top Pattern Giveaway from Kitschy Coo
- Grainline Studio Patterns Giveaway
- Riding Peplum Pattern Giveaway from April Rhodes
- Lela Pattern Giveaway from Green Bee
- Megan Nielsen Patterns Giveaway
- Coco Pattern Giveaway from Tilly and the Buttons
- Lane Raglan Pattern Giveaway from Hey June
- Around here
- Announcing Spring Top Sewalong 2014
- Friday Flickr Roundup
- Meet Jess and her awesome Nani Iro Bianca
- ▶March (10)
- ▶February (11)
- ▶January (12)
- ▼April (12)
- ▶2013 (149)
- ▶2012 (169)
- ▶2011 (173)
- ▶2010 (130)
- ▶2009 (74)
- ▶2008 (59)
- ▶2007 (6)
- ▼2014 (45)