This pattern is for the Lickety Split Bag previously featured here on my blog; it is reversible and can be easily sewn in just a few hours (or less!). It’s so versatile you’ll find yourself using it for everything: a book bag, shopping bag, stroller bag, diaper bag, and more! The four pockets are optional (and super-handy for keys, phones, or water bottles), and the adjustable tie strap allows you to get the perfect fit. It can be sewn on a regular machine or a serger.
YOU WILL NEED
- 1 yard of quilting cotton for each side of the bag (or less; the amount of fabric you use depends on how you position the pattern pieces, which depends on how the design is printed on the fabric)
- ric-rac or other trim for pockets (optional)
Body of bag: 18″ wide x 13″ tall at center
Overall height: 34″ total with straps untied, approx 26″ with straps tied
- Detailed step-by-step instructions
- Color photographs to augment instructions
- Hand-drawn summary sheet of instructions (a cheat sheet if you will…this is totally campy but totally me)
- Complete set of full-sized pattern pieces (attach together before cutting)
: : OTHER STUFF : :
Special thanks to Andrea, my good friend, fellow blogger, and sewist extraordinaire who reviewed the pattern for me!
Pardon my dust
I have worked so hard on this pattern and getting the instant downloads to work smoothly and properly, but as you might expect, problems can and will arise no matter how much testing you do ahead of time. Would you please let me know if you find mistakes, if something is unclear, or if I could make something better? I really appreciate your patience as I get all the glitches worked out.
Lickety Split Photo Pool (add your pictures when you’re finished!)