Some randomness today to prove I’m still here, puttering away…

New Book Alert:
The folks responsible for “One Yard Wonders”, a compilation sewing book due out this October, finally released a cover shot and a peek at some projects on their FB page this week so you can hop over and have a look! I submitted a couple of patterns on a whim last fall, and it looks like at least one got in (the summer nighty, below). YAY! I’m extra pumped because it’s got 101 (!) projects in it. SO appealing to the Dutch girl in me. I’m very excited and proud to say I’m going to be “published!”

: : A new pattern by me! In a book! : :

(Image by One Yard Wonders, Storey Publishing)

Lickety Split Bag Pattern Update: I am SO close to being finished! All of the pattern pieces are finished, the instructions are almost done, and the cover sheet is ready to go. So…it should be available soon. And from the number of emails I’m getting asking me to send it (“Dear Rae, Please send the Lickety Split Pattern to myemail@pmail.com, thanks, Soandso.”), I feel the Pregger-Brain must have miscommunicated somehow. Did I give the impression that it was already available? Sometimes I feel like I’ve totally lost it. Now to be fair, most of the emails are more like “Dear Rae, when will it be available?” which is gads better. It’s so nice to have so many polite people here in Craftblogland; I do really appreciate all the inquiries and emails.

Paint: Thanks for all the Low/Zero VOC paint suggestions! I decided to go with both Aura from Benjamin Moore and Duration from Sherwin Williams (different colors from each). If I hadn’t been such a last-minute kind of person I would have tried out Mythic Paint; “Endless Summer” (row six, center) is so dreamy. I may have to find another room to transform just to try it out. So far I’ve only used the Aura in the nursery, but I have to say it’s totally amazing to only have to do one coat (plus a little extra brush touchup around edges). ONE COAT!

Categories: Lickety Split, book, buttercup bags, patterns

26 Responses to Rae’s pattern in a Book and other updates

1. Grandma G says:

It'll be on its way to you in a minute! Happy to be of help!

2. dana says:

MAJOR MAJOR congrats on your pattern. Oh, to be published….
    A huge pat on the back to you!
    You deserve all of it!

3. lapetitevie says:

That is so exciting! Congrats on the book!

4. Meg says:

Congratulations on the pattern! Seriously exciting! For a minute there, I thought you wrote the book! Maybe next time!

5. Laura Gerencser says:

Love the nighty! So cute!
    Congratulations!!

6. Sarah Seitz says:

Wow, that book looks ridiculously cute! I will definitely be buying, and congrats on getting in it! I love your patterns and you so deserve it! Thanks!

7. Mairead says:

Just wanted to mention I saw a bag similar to your Lickety split bag being used on an elderly women's walker. It was no where near as cute as yours though.

8. What Comes Next? says:

way cool to be published!

9. smallgrapes says:

That book looks totally awesome and CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

How did you get to 37.5 weeks? I swear just two weeks ago you were 24.

10. bruinbr says:

Wow! Congrats on getting published! Thanks so much for making the patterns available too! :)

11. Curry says:

Congratulations! Enjoy your vacation.

12. The Third Wheel says:

Oh man.

I am SO MAD AT YOU for even TELLING us about that book.

I want it NOW and I can't get it until OCTOBER?

13. JillyB says:

Ohh! Western Michigan! Are you at the beach? I miss Lake Michigan so much…

14. LiEr says:

Congrats, Rae! So, so happy for you! Your designs and patterns are excellent so they chose well to include yours!

15. hausmausblog says:

Dear Rae,
    big congratulations on your conribution! I love the whole idea of one yard/skein/…-patterns and will surely get the book as soon as it is available!

16. RosaMaría says:

felicidades!!! congrats!! that's very excyting!!!!

17. Jolene says:

Wow, congrats on being published!! I've put that book on my wishlist, it looks GREAT!

18. Kari says:

Congrats on being published!

19. K says:

Congratulations! You're one of two bloggers I read on a regular basis that are being published in that book. I may have to put it on my Christmas wish list. I love that nighty!

20. kimmiebee says:

I just wanted to say….that I think it's amazing how much detail you put into your blog…all the tutorials, pics, and updates on what you're creating! very inspiring! as much as I'm looking forward to the new bag pattern, I still am very impressed how much time and love you put into your site for all of us. Thanks so much!

21. Angel says:

So cool at getting published…I agree–how did you get to the end already!!!

Selfishly hoping the new bag pattern comes before your little one, but ENJOY your vacation! I am addicted to checking your blog!

22. liz says:

congrats! how exciting!

23. Debbie says:

Congratulations on the pattern! You must be very proud…
    I made your pattern the ittybitty baby dress. I would love to make it in a size 2/3 but do not know how to enlarge it. Can you explain to me how to do that?
    Debbie

24. Catherine says:

Oooh, thanks for bringing that book to my attention! I am notorious for buying "just 1 yard" of a fabric to satiate my craving and then all i can think to make is lots of little bags. I'm looking forward to seeing your pattern!!

25. DHB says:

Thanks for all the great info. With my 1st one on the way I'm seriously considering cloth diapers. They're way cuter and so much better for the environment!

26. Gumbo Lily says:

Thank you for sharing your patterns with us. What a nice gift.

Jody