I can’t believe how long it took me to look through my archives and find all the boy stuff I’ve blogged about for boys big and small*.  This isn’t a comprehensive list, but it comes awfully close to covering everything I’ve ever posted for boys.  It also became painfully obvious how much work the blog still needs. Lots of stuff you could probably make from the instructions I’ve given (like that banner down there, easy peasy), but some things I’ve been downright vague about. Like that blue striped manshirt?  SO easy to make, but the instructions I’ve given are rotten.  Really just needs a nice easy tutorial to walk you through it.  And those Big Butt Baby Pants that I promised a pattern for eons ago?  Please don’t anyone remind me. Anyway, with that disclaimer, I hereby present the Made By Rae Boy Roundup:

And actually now that I’ve looked at it all, I’m pretty proud of this collection.  It’s a work in progress, but it does give one a sense of accomplishment to see it all laid out here.  So I hope you’ll enjoy looking through some of these and maybe you’ll be inspired to do something new!

*big and small pretty much refers to men and toddler/baby boys here.  Since the beginning of the month, Dana and I have both lamented the fact that we really have very little to present in the teen-boy department.  I hope you’ll accept my apologies but at the same time recognize that as we both have our small boys and husbands to sew for (and the same can be said for many of the blogs we read, and therefore the guest bloggers as well), you may have to wait about…hmm…12 years for a “Celebrate the Teen Boy” Month over here.  :)

Check out this adorable newsboy cap over at MADE:

Categories: CELEBRATE THE BOY

11 Responses to Rae combs her archives for BOY STUFF

1. Ana says:

Well, no wonder it took you so long! That's a TON of stuff!

2. Sarah Nicole says:

Oh my gosh, I can't believe that mobile! I have that same picture mobile thing and those finger puppets from Ikea, and the whole time I had been thinking, "I wish these puppets were a mobile", DUH! Genius! Why can't I ever think of these things??

3. Lise says:

Wow! What a collection! I love those underpants; may have to try that pattern myself (I imagine the cost is worth it if you make a bunch). And can we just pretend this is the first time you ever mentioned the big-bottomed pants, and maybe you'll consider a tutorial some time in the future? No pressure, but I'd love a good pattern for these!

4. dana says:

Rae, this is an AMAZING collection. I'm so glad you gathered it up. and I'm with Meg. Damn.

5. LiEr says:

Great stuff, Rae! And I'm with you and D about the tween years- recently I looked at some stuff I sewed and if it wasn't for 2-5 year olds, it was for old people i.e. me. Never mind, when our kids get to be teens, and assuming they haven't eschewed handmade, they are gonna rock.

6. laura says:

i love that mobile and those chicken shoes! everything is so cute, thanks for all the great boy ideas this month :)

7. Karen says:

That mobile is genius—and there are so many riffs you could make on that structure. Love it!

8. Sherry says:

I was going to make this mobile but was unable to find the photo mobile anywhere. And then I actually looked at the price of those brio cars – yikes. They are lovely though:

congrats on being so productive – in addition to growing and raising babies :)

9. themakinglife says:

I've been lurking around your blog for a few months now, and I just wanted to say that this month of boy stuff has been the absolute best! You've "introduced" me to so many incredible new (to me) bloggers and given me so much inspiration for future projects. I have one daughter and another baby on the way in June. If it turns out to be a boy, I will be very excited to use some of these ideas! And in the meantime, I have plenty of young nephews . . . Thanks so much!

10. Emily says:

Alright, I just sourced and PURCHASED that mobile! You can get it here: http://www.hangingmobilegallery.com/product/KKPHOTOCLIP-MH16/Photo-Clip-Mobile.html for $10! I am SUPER excited as we have EVERY finger puppet I come across!