Here’s a little mid-week update on what I’m up to…

The Flickr photo pool for the Big Butt Baby Pants is up!  So if you’ve already made a pair, add your pictures and comments and strut your sewing stuff so we can all enjoy.  Hopefully this pool won’t get tagged as inappropriate due to the ridiculous name. If you can believe this I actually had to change the name of the pattern in my shop from “Big Butt Baby Pants” to “Made By Rae Baby Pants” because my instant download emails were getting flagged by the major email hosts as spam.  And it never occurred to me before that it would be anything other than funny/cute, but I guess “Big Butt” qualifies as potentially inappropriate email material.  Hah.

click image to go to the photo gallery

If you haven’t yet read my blog post about the Big Butt Baby Pant Sewing Pattern, you can click here to do so.

And I have been sewing like a maniac lately, but nothing’s quite finished yet to show you…just thought I’d give you a sneak peek:

Any guesses?

Even I have no idea what this last one will end up as.  Just had so much fun arranging the City Weekend charm squares (I’m not really a quilter so I think that’s what these are, 2.5″ square right?) we all got in our goodie bags at Blueberry Hill Sewing Weekend, so I just went with it and now I have a long strip about 25″ and about 8″ wide.  Who knows.

I’ll see you guys on Friday with a little more BOY SEWING!!!

Categories: Uncategorized

18 Responses to Am feeling like a busy little bee

1. Tara says:

That last project looks a lot like a table runner to me…

Tara

2. Meg says:

I know, I know! It is that curvy bag pattern you were working on awhile ago. I can't remember what called it though. ;0)

3. Stephanie says:

Oh, PLEASE let it be that awesome bag that I would looooove to make!! :)

4. Bethany says:

The Bonsai Bag? It's the Bonsai Bag isn't it?
    And also: you guys got GOODIE BAGS?

5. amandasasikirana says:

I know what those are! playdate dress from oliver + S, right?

6. Anna says:

I was just wondering about that bonsai bag, :) Love the city weekend stuff, loooks cute whatever you're making

7. Desiree says:

You should totally make the last one a table runner…. The blues will go well in your new kitchen.

8. Marisa says:

They look like skirted chair covers to me. Cute pom pom fringe!

9. Selina says:

pmsl at "butt" being inappropriate! Can't wait for more boy sewing.

10. venus says:

Oh my gosh… the suspense is killing me!!! I can't wait see what it is!

How about "Big BUM Baby Pants"? is that inappropriate too? Big baby bums are yummm!!! Hee-hee!

11. Tiphaine says:

just ordered it, after tens of buttercups…a baby on his way…great pants to be made !!!! thanks for this pattern !!!

12. Dree says:

If "Big Butt Baby Pants" is inappropriate, then pretty much every phrase out of my 7 and 10-yo boys' mouths is inappropriate in more place than at the dinner table. :)

13. dana says:

oh wow. I'm totally stumped. But I can't wait to see!

14. The Cheap Chic Momma says:

Gah, checking out the Flickr pool makes me want to get the pattern even more! I'm due in 6ish weeks and I'm not sure I can fit more projects on my plate before then, but darn, they are so cute I just might have to!

15. by night says:

It all looks super nice! I can't wait to see the end result ;-)

16. Miss Pelicano says:

Whatever it is it's going to look great with that fabric combo! :) So now I HAVE to buy that Big But Baby Pants! Always looking for baby things to sew and these are perfect! And I already have some perfect fabric too! :) I wish etsy did student prices. Got to strectch my study loan. Maybe this can be included in "course literature"….. ;)

17. Kimberly says:

You have been a busy little bee! I tell ya, you're projects always make me smile. I love the fabric and color combos – so happy!

18. Laura says:

Is it just me that can't open the Flickr page? I want to see all the baby pants :( x