Far Far Away II Quilt, originally uploaded by madebyrae.
Just couldn’t resist showing off this quilt. I’m quite smitten with it so far. The fabric is Far Far Away II by Heather Ross (I think I may have mentioned her once or twice on this blog…?) and the sashing is a rather uncooperative 100% linen whose beauty makes up for the trouble. I just love the muted palette of this line!
UPDATED: Just noticed that my friend Laura (we met at Vermont Sewing Weekend) has a boatload of FFAII in her etsy shop Mira and Westie so if you’re in need of some FFAII you can get it there (as well as a number of other fantastic sewing shops)!

UPDATED AGAIN: Wow! Laura’s offering a 10% discount on Far Far Away II to my readers, for all custom orders just mention “RAE” with your convo request, good through November 30! Go to: Mira and Westie to see the fabrics.

Categories: quilting

26 Responses to Quilt in progress

1. Kris @ everywhereorange.com says:

Love it!!! especially the orange :)

2. Kimberly says:

It's beautiful! I really like the placement of the dark grey/black pieces. Can't wait to see it complete.

3. Katie says:

Loooove! I love love this fabric and I trust your sewing skills, so I deduce that it will turn out lovely! Can't wait to see it all finished!

4. Pickled Pink says:

I love the fairy tale with a vintage flair fabric!

5. Mary says:

I recently started sewing with linen and I know what you mean! Spray starch is my best friend :-)

6. Care says:

Oooooooooooooh!! It is gorgeous! Can't wait to see it all quilted up!

7. Linen and Tulle says:

its wonderful. It will be so much fun to search the fabric for favorite stories.

8. Wendy says:

Love! Almost makes me want to quilt.

9. J-me says:

i really like the linin look, i like the crinkles it makes it look well loved. I loved my quilt after the first time i washed it and it had that look!

10. cailamurphy says:

Aghh, I LOVE it! I'm working on a quilt like this myself out of Far Far Away II, but I haven't gotten very far. I love what you've done!

11. Adrienne says:

Wow. I saw this quilt and my heart started to pitter patter. I just may have to take up quilting! Lovely work.

12. Vanessa says:

I love it! I'm working on a far, far away quilt too (it's a gigantic twin size) – I've never made a quilt this big!

13. Lisa Marie says:

You're right. I do love the linen! Very cute quilt and I can see why you're smitten.
    I'm really surprised I don't know who Heather Ross is. It's my job to know fabric designers! What company does she design for? I'm going to have to google this!

14. Jenny says:

I love this Rae! So sweet. Long time, no chat! I hope you're doing well. And… if you're looking to unload any scraps, I'm here for ya friend!

15. Erin says:

This is looking rather stunning! The colors are so beautiful together. Can't wait to see the final product.

16. Emily Elizabeth says:

This is looking so good – I can't wait to see the finished product! This is where I am in my FFA2 quilt….

17. PengPeng彬彬 says:

*swoooonn*

your posts and your crafts always make me feel like i want to get home straight away and sit in front of my sewing machine and start making something !!!

unfortunately am at work at the moment so have to wait till weekend !!!

weekend please come quick !!!!

18. Mary says:

Nice!!! I just finished a FFA quilt and linen as well. Essex is a nice choice of linen/cotton blend and much more cooperative than 100% linen. I also love the starch alternative…I think it is by Mary Ellen??? Love the far far away prints…especially those little happy face moons :)

19. JenniferO says:

So nice! I have some fat quarters of this fabric – I need to do something like this with them.

20. mei says:

very adorable Rae!

21. janssen designs says:

yeah! you are a quilter now! love it!

22. Laura's Loot says:

Thanks for the shout-out, Rae! That's super sweet (not to mention the quilt!).

23. kjansma says:

I made a quilt top using all Echino cotton/linen blends. All was well until I tried doing some straight line quilting. Even with a walking foot and playing around with the tensions the bottom ended up moving faster than the top and I got creases here and there. I need to pull some stitches and try to straighten things out. Next time I think I will meander/stipple the thing. I love the feel of the Kokka cotton/linen though! FFA2 is my next challenge.

24. Stay Sew Creative says:

Wow, it's beautiful!!

25. Dakota Gal says:

That is so beautiful!!

26. luvinthemommyhood says:

Ohhhh, it looks gorgeous so far! Great job Rae! So pretty!