It’s been an odd week around here. Some snippets:
- Getting my hand in the way of my sewing machine needle arm while sewing these pants and completely busting it up. The machine, not my hand (why? why? at least my hand would have healed!!!).
- In the Staples parking lot on the way home from dropping off said machine for repair, trying to wrestle a 60″ wide plastic carpet guard (the kind that protects carpet from the rollers on the bottom of desk chairs) to my car in what felt like hurricane-force wind. That thing was surprisingly aerodynamic. For every five steps toward the car, getting blown seven steps back (why do I always find myself in these Charlie Chaplin-type scenarios?).
I can’t seem to keep a pair of sunglasses around for very long. I had three pairs earlier this summer and then recently found myself suddenly without a SINGLE PAIR. One was broken, one was lost, one was…well who knows. Hmmm, do you suppose this could have anything to do with it?
Problem is, it’s not like I have a ton of free time to just go sunglass shopping, you know? And even when I do, I never seem to know where to go. I also have a big head so it seems like most of the ones I try on are too tight. I just bought the pair pictured here, but after wearing them around realized they give me a headache because they’re just…
Clementine decided to potty train herself right as we were moving last month, I kid you not she started asking to use the potty a week before we moved. Now she’s going through a (normal) reversion stage that is making me crazy. It’s like having a new puppy except there’s no new puppy, you get me? Just the puppy shoes, har har:
In addition to that, she’s going through a (normal) whiny/clingy phase that always seems to accompany birthdays and other big transitions. Let’s see: moving to a new house, turning two, potty training, starting preschool (she’s in a “twos” class so I guess it’s probably closer to daycare than school but we call it preschool)? Yup, I think that qualifies as Major…
Sign up for my newsletter!
- ▼2014 (42)
- ▼April (9)
- Riding Peplum Pattern Giveaway from April Rhodes
- Lela Pattern Giveaway from Green Bee
- Megan Nielsen Patterns Giveaway
- Coco Pattern Giveaway from Tilly and the Buttons
- Lane Raglan Pattern Giveaway from Hey June
- Around here
- Announcing Spring Top Sewalong 2014
- Friday Flickr Roundup
- Meet Jess and her awesome Nani Iro Bianca
- ▶March (10)
- ▶February (11)
- ▶January (12)
- ▼April (9)
- ▶2013 (149)
- ▶2012 (169)
- ▶2011 (173)
- ▶2010 (130)
- ▶2009 (74)
- ▶2008 (59)
- ▶2007 (6)
- ▼2014 (42)