I have a bunch of fun stuff on the radar this month that I’m excited about:

First up, I’m participating in the Vintage May series over on Skirt As Top at the end of this week (as in, better go write the post after this Rae!). There’s a fun Flickr pool for you to add your “vintage” creations and play along.

I’m also excited to be a judge (and a sponsor, too) for the Skirt Week competition over at Crafterhours this year, so if you’ve been wanting to make a skirt, either for yourself or your kid, go enter it in their awesome competition. More info here.

And I’ve decided it’s high time I see what all this Quilt Market hubbub is about. SO. I’m headed to Kansas City later this week for Spring 2012 International Quilt Market. I’m super excited. Every year in the past I’ve been a little bit (OK, so maybe ALOT) jealous of all of the Cool Kids who are going, talking about going, or posting about it after they come back. So this time I’m pumped that I get to go…and I really hope to meet some of you there, because that is WHY I leave my sewing room month after month, and get on a plane and travel all the heck over the place, for reals. Are you going to be there? Let me know!!!

If you’re near Ann Arbor and have a crafty business (or are thinking about starting one), I’ll be participating in a panel presentation as part of the Makerwork’s Crafting the Small Business series this summer, and registration runs through the end of May. It’s going to be really amazing, with the first part of the series focusing on vision for your business, going all the way through setting up shop and marketing. GOOD STUFF! Click for: Registration info and event information

Finally, I’ve alluded to teaching a few women’s clothing summer classes here in Ann Arbor, and we are still in the process of working out the details…but we’re CLOSE! If you would like to be informed about those classes as soon as it becomes available, sign up for the SE Michigan Crafter Meetup newsletter, which we’ll be sure to shamelessly spam (OK not really. But a little.) once we have a schedule and are ready to go.

Categories: travel

9 Responses to It looks like May is just going to be a big party

1. Dude, I’m totally jumping in your suitcase to go to Market. I’m DYING to go!!! Some of my dresses will be there so at least a small part of my spirit will be saying “hi rae” to you when you walk by :) have fun!!! Maybe next year we can meet up :)

2. kimberly says:

oh man, I’m going to be THAT person and totally insist that you go eat at oklahoma joe’s while you are here. and I’m going to be THAT person again and insist that you eat a z-man sandwich. I mean, quilt market is important, but ok joe’s bbq is something you just must do in kc. z-man sandwiches are the reason I run. whenever I am running and want to give up, I just think “the more I run, the more z-man sandwiches I can eat.” and then I keep going.

hey thanks for the plug, dude! it will be one big party indeed! enjoy quilt market!

4. Grandma G says:

Hmmm… my “kid” (a.k.a. Jess) is wanting me to make her a skirt. I just may have to jump into this one! “Big kids” count, too, right? LOL

5. Brooke says:

Oh I am so jealous you get to go to Market. I just drool over everyone’s posts about it. Why do there have to be so many fun things going on when I am too busy to sew for myself?! I will have to find some time to sew at least one skirt!

6. julia borger says:

I would LOVE to do a woman’s clothing class. Everything I’ve tried to sew for myself has been really ill fitting. Signing up for newsletter now.

7. Deborah says:

I cannot *believe* that the one time I’m NOT going to QM is when you’re actually going to be there. Take pictures for me!! Have fun–it really is a blast to meet people and then realize later when you glance at their name tags that you already “know” them. :)