I am excited to announce that I am going to be teaching at a fun weekend sewing retreat this spring and I would love for you to come !!

Camp Stitchalot will be held the weekend of May 3-5, 2013 right here in Michigan (about an hour west of Ann Arbor, just north of Jackson). The retreat is hosted by my friend Brenda of Pink Castle Fabrics, who has also lined up designers Melody Miller (you’ve seen me drool over her Quilt Market booths here and here), Rashida Coleman-Hale (designer of the famous washi tape fabric…hellooo?)  and quilting extraordinaire Katy Jones as “counselors” as well! We are taking our jobs very seriously. I for one plan to hand out badges. I’m so excited this is going to be the MOST FUN EVER in one weekend!!!

You can read more about the weekend here on Pink Castle’s website, and register of course. Because it is going to be THE MOST FUN EVER!  There are twin rooms and queen rooms available; all rooms are shared but you may purchase two queen spots if you’d prefer a room to yourself. There’s also the option of coming on Thursday, May 2, if you’d like an extra day of sewing time; a bunch of folks will be hanging around on Thursday too so that’s sure to be fun.

The weekend is designed to be a relaxed bring-your-machine bring-your-projects getaway for you to sew your socks off and meet other fun people who also love to sew. Brunch and dinners are included in the (very reasonable) cost; you can definitely bring snacks and drinks to share as well. Melody, Rashida, Katy and I will also be offering classes, but if you’d rather just sew your own projects that is perfectly fine too; there’s no pressure to participate if you aren’t interested in the project. I’ll be showing how to make the amazingly versatile Lickety Split Bag; Melody and Rashida will be showing us how to make a circle skirt made to measure and talking fabric design (woot!), and Katy will be showing us how to make an adorable clasp pouch. Sounds great, doesn’t it? Extra bonus: I think I can safely say that Michigan is at its most beautiful in May. You really should come and see this lovely state if you’ve never been here before!

See the full weekend schedule and register here.

Hope you can make it! Yippee!!!

Categories: events

17 Responses to Camp Stitchalot

1. Natalie says:

Argh!!! Why does it have to be 3 weeks before my due date?!?

2. Colleen says:

Darn! This is a week or so AFTER my due date! Sounds great!

3. Rosie says:

wow! That sounds fun, but holy expensive!

4. Marjie says:

Well, I see that I am not the only one whose due date messes up any plans of going. Why does this have to be 3 weeks after my due date. I really want to go. ANy chance this could be an annual thing?

5. Rebecca says:

Just registered. Yay! See you in May.

6. anna says:

oh fun! I’ll be trying to scrap together some moola for that one. :)

7. Amanda says:

I’d love to come, being in Iowa I might be able to make it happen! Now just to find the money and get the husband to agree to childcare! :)

8. Ellen says:

Have you heard if there’s any chance there might be a daily pass? I have a bit of a conflict but could make it for a day!

• Ellen says:

Where the heck did that Facebook email thing come from? Weird!

Not sure but I fixed it for you! :)
        As to your first comment; there are no day passes available at this time…I think the hope is to have everyone there for the entire retreat instead of having people in and out. I’m thinking of doing a 1-day Sewing Social type thing sometime soon though; so stay tuned for that! ;)

9. dana says: