Toddler Backpack Sewing Pattern Update – 11/4/2011
We have just finished a new version of the Toddler Backpack Sewing Pattern, first published in March 2009! This version is currently available in my pattern shop. I’m happy to announce that the updated version includes:
- Updated instructions with corrections (see Pattern Errata, below)
- Clearer and more detailed instructions for making a larger (school-aged child) sized backpack
- NEW! Step-by-step photos and instructions for lining the backpack
- NEW! Printable one-page summary instruction sheet (“cheat sheet”)
The new updated pattern is available for $8 and includes the same pattern pieces as the original.
$8 – Toddler Backpack Sewing Pattern PDF
HELP! I BOUGHT THE PREVIOUS VERSION!
If you have already purchased the original version of the Toddler Backpack Pattern for $6 and would like to purchase JUST the updates, they are currently available as an add-on PDF below.
NOTE: The add-on file does NOT include the pattern pieces, just the fully-updated instructions, lining instructions, and summary sheet, and is intended ONLY for those who have already purchased the complete pattern.
$2 – Toddler Backpack Add-On (no pattern pieces)
CORRECTING YOUR OLD PATTERN
If you prefer not to purchase the pattern updates, please correct the following errors in your pattern instructions:
- In Steps 1 and 3, instead of machine basting the piping to the panels with a 1/8″ seam, you should machine baste them directly over the piping stitch line.
- In Step 8, instead of sewing the side/bottom panels together with a 3/8″ seam, you should use a 1/2″ seam.
Sign up for my newsletter!
- ▼2013 (61)
- ▶2012 (169)
- ▶2011 (173)
- ▶2010 (130)
- ▶2009 (74)
- ▶2008 (59)
- ▶2007 (6)