Toddler Backpack Sewing Pattern Update – 11/4/2011
We have just finished a new version of the Toddler Backpack Sewing Pattern, first published in March 2009! This version is currently available in my pattern shop. I’m happy to announce that the updated version includes:
- Updated instructions with corrections (see Pattern Errata, below)
- Clearer and more detailed instructions for making a larger (school-aged child) sized backpack
- NEW! Step-by-step photos and instructions for lining the backpack
- NEW! Printable one-page summary instruction sheet (“cheat sheet”)
The new updated pattern is available for $8 and includes the same pattern pieces as the original.
$8 – Toddler Backpack Sewing Pattern PDF
CORRECTING YOUR OLD PATTERN
If you prefer not to purchase the updated pattern, please correct the following errors in your pattern instructions:
- In Steps 1 and 3, instead of machine basting the piping to the panels with a 1/8″ seam, you should machine baste them directly over the piping stitch line.
- In Step 8, instead of sewing the side/bottom panels together with a 3/8″ seam, you should use a 1/2″ seam.