Just a little reminder…we’re going to start Celebrating the BOY next Tuesday, February 15! Yaaaay *does Kermit arms* We’ve got an amazing lineup of fantastic contributors who will be talking about sewing for boys and providing great ideas and inspiration for sewing for that boy in your life. It’ll knock your socks off! We KNOW boys get the shaft when it comes to sewing and we plan to rectify that with a solid month of boy posts, tutorials, roundups, and giveaways, so make sure you come over often to see what’s going on.
C E L E B R A T E T H E B O Y 2 0 1 3
I think we’ve gotten our message across:
and sewing for them is pretty sweet. I really hope we’ve rounded up enough boy-sewing projects to get the wheels turning and keep you busy for a good long while churning out stuff for the special boys in your lives.
We also need to say…
Specifically I’d like to thank:
- DANA. What a privilege to work with this brilliant, intelligent, fantastic, energetic, hilarious woman! She is a force to be reckoned with and I can’t wait to see what she has to present the Sewing Universe in the future. After chatting online night after night after night I know way more than I ever imagined about this woman. She
Oh! Is it March already?! I guess Celebrate the BOY month should technically be over…but I won’t tell if you don’t, OK?
I wanted to set aside a special post for costumes, because I think it’s one of the popular things parents sew for their boys, hands down. There’s something motivating about going to the store and seeing all those plasticky polyester ghoul costumes at Halloween that really gets us sewing, no? And those of you who never touch your sewing machine will rally when it comes to making a birthday costume for a party. So when I asked for you guys to post your boy costumes the other day, I should have been prepared for the overwhelming response:
You guys have been so great about sending me links to the cool boy stuff you’ve found online! One example that I just had to share is the link Sabine sent me to the Belgian blog Mme ZsaZsa, a mother of two boys who’s made these amazing dinosaur mittens:
AND these awesome dinosaur jackets; such a great way to jazz up the plain jacket for the boy:
Just in time for BOY month, she’s decided to start an English version of her…
I can’t believe how long it took me to look through my archives and find all the boy stuff I’ve blogged about for boys big and small*. This isn’t a comprehensive list, but it comes awfully close to covering everything I’ve ever posted for boys. It also became painfully obvious how much work the blog still needs. Lots of stuff you could probably make from the instructions I’ve given (like that banner down there, easy peasy), but some things I’ve been downright vague about. Like that blue…
Today I’m so pleased that Andrea of Knitty Bitties is here to talk about her latest quilting experience! Andrea and I have been friends (virtually) for almost two whole years, and you know online years are like dog years. She’s helped me out in a pinch (she can pattern test at the drop of a hat), her sewing is absolutely flawless and I’ve always been jealous of her ability to pump out multiple versions of beautiful handmade things for her shop in no time (while I always get distracted after one or two, which hrrmm maybe explains why her Etsy shop has been a huge success while mine has just fizzled out. hee). She also loves colorful fabrics, so she’s a…
I may have had to resort to bribery in the past to get my little guy to wear the stuff I made for him (In this post you can actually see him holding his bowl of sprinkles so I could get photos). Happily, that phase seems to have passed; now when he wears stuff I’ve made for him he says, “Mommy YOU made this shirt for ME!” So it’s pretty sweet. I’m not naive enough to think this will last forever, but I’m trying to enjoy it for now.
1. rainbow hoodie with buttons!, 2. _1MG_12746, 3. Baby Boy Rag Quilt, 4. Everybody Loves A Yeti, 5. 90 min baby muscle tee, 6. Play Waders, 7. fleecy monkey, 8. 90 min t.shirt with mushrooms, 9. Upcycled Sweater Hobby Horse, 10. Rainbow of BatBaby Hats2, 11. animal undies!, 12. yellow pants 2, 13. The Man-bag, 14. wood robot attack, 15. bsj-3, 16. New favorite pattern, 17. Trousers for FB in Red Letter Day by Lizzy House, 18.
Sign up for my newsletter!
- ▼2014 (46)
- ▼April (13)
- Let the Spring Top Roundups Begin!
- Liesl + Co Patterns Giveaway
- Trifecta Top Pattern Giveaway from Kitschy Coo
- Grainline Studio Patterns Giveaway
- Riding Peplum Pattern Giveaway from April Rhodes
- Lela Pattern Giveaway from Green Bee
- Megan Nielsen Patterns Giveaway
- Coco Pattern Giveaway from Tilly and the Buttons
- Lane Raglan Pattern Giveaway from Hey June
- Around here
- Announcing Spring Top Sewalong 2014
- Friday Flickr Roundup
- Meet Jess and her awesome Nani Iro Bianca
- ▶March (10)
- ▶February (11)
- ▶January (12)
- ▼April (13)
- ▶2013 (149)
- ▶2012 (169)
- ▶2011 (173)
- ▶2010 (130)
- ▶2009 (74)
- ▶2008 (59)
- ▶2007 (6)
- ▼2014 (46)