Made By Rae Pattern Purchasing Information
HOW DOES INSTANT DOWNLOAD WORK?
My sewing patterns come to you as a PDF that you download instantly after payment and print from your computer. A color printer is recommended, but not required. You’ll also need a PDF viewer such as Adobe Reader or Preview (Mac). For those with little experience downloading and printing PDF files, I would suggest a test download with one of the free patterns on my blog (click on “patterns” at the top of the page for a few that are free) before purchase to make sure you have the correct software.
|An example of one of my printed patterns (Big Butt Baby Pants)|
When you click on the “Buy Now” button, you will be brought to a payment page so you can pay with Paypal or a credit/debit card through Paypal. Once you make your payment, click on the incredibly tiny “complete your purchase” link to download the pattern. You will also receive an email with a download link. These links expire, so make sure you download your pattern right away! The links are sent to your Paypal email, so make sure that is up-to-date before you purchase. You get 5 download attempts with each purchase. If for some reason you need more than five, please email me at rae DOT made AT gmail DOT com with the Paypal email address you purchased with so I can reset your link.
If you pay by eCheck your payment does not go through for 5-7 business days, which means you will not get your pattern instantly. Choose another payment method than eCheck if you want your pattern right away. If you don’t mind waiting, then eCheck is fine; it works for me if it works for you!
HINTS FOR AN EASY DOWNLOAD
Please read these through before making your purchase. Otherwise you risk not receiving your pattern right away or a canceled transaction. Thanks y’all!!!
1. Click on the teeny tiny”complete your purchase” link immediately after you pay. After you pay in Paypal, keep your eyes peeled for the amazingly small “complete your purchase” link. If you click through you’ll go directly to your pattern download link. I know, right? They could have made it easier. But they didn’t. So let’s just move on.
2. Log into PayPal and check that your primary email address is correct. Since instant download pattern links are also sent automatically by my computer to your email address, if your paypal email is outdated or incorrect you won’t receive your pattern. So make sure it’s right!
3. Add Made By Rae as an email contact. Log into your email account, go to your address book or contacts and add rae DOT made AT gmail DOT com as a contact. This prevents my emails from going to SPAM purgatory.
4. And then don’t feel bad if you need some help. Of course the system isn’t perfect; since the entire pattern-sending process is automated I occasionally get emails from people who didn’t get the automatically generated email. If you’ve checked everything above and still haven’t received your pattern, please don’t hesitate to email me (rae DOT made AT gmail DOT com) so I can get it all sorted out for you.
1. Open your file in a PDF viewer; a recent version of Adobe Reader is recommended.
2. Click on File -> Print
3. Select the pages you would like to print
4. Make sure you select “None” for scaling options; you want your file to print at 100%
5. Press “print”
6. Double check the SCALE indicator carefully with a ruler before cutting out your pieces!
Sign up for my newsletter!
- ▼2013 (60)
- ▶2012 (169)
- ▶2011 (173)
- ▶2010 (130)
- ▶2009 (74)
- ▶2008 (59)
- ▶2007 (6)