This tie-top came from a pattern my mom gave me from the 70’s which she had used to make a maternity dress. That seems to be a problem of mine; I’m really into the empire waists and the pleats but they often end up making me look somewhat maternity-esque. I tried to make it shorter to prove there’s no baby-belly under there (well, there is, but it’s leftover from the last one). I think it works.
The fabric came from IKEA, from a baby bedspread I pulled apart and made into curtains for Elliot’s room. The leftovers went into this concoction, very Sound-of-Music and all. I like that you can see little birds peaking out here and there.
I actually made this top last summer but it needed modification and thus did not really get worn. The armpits were too high but if I untied the shoulders to make it lower the chest was too tight. So this week I re-sewed the underarm seams to make it more comfy.