The other day on a whim I tried the orange sunsuit from last summer on Clementine. Imagine my surprise to find that it (kinda, without a diaper) fit! Did not see that one coming.
Uncrossing the straps in the back added some room at the top. It’s still a bit too short to be worn this way and plus the snaps have pulled through the fabric a little between the legs so my current plan is to trim off the bottom and hem it to make a dress.
It makes me happy to dress her in orange because of her name. My little orange.
These pictures also remind me how much I love this Heather Ross fabric (it’s a Far Far Away double gauze). Double gauze is incredibly soft and really one of the most cooperative fabrics when it comes to shirring with elastic thread. Laura over at Charmstitch and a few other places on Etsy still have a bit of it left, but the unicorn print is long gone as far as I can tell. And of course I have been hoarding what I have left like a maniac.
By the way, yesterday’s project actually looks pretty good on her! Not a complete fail. Will have to take some pictures. Thanks for all of the suggestions on shirring. I do hand-wind my bobbin, but since it’s a side-loading bobbin I have to manually adjust bobbin tension, which is where I think my problems come from. Tricky. And I’m making good progress re-working the sunsuit tutorial. Yesterday I made one new sunsuit that was too big, and then another one that was too small. So I think the next one will be just right, three-little-bear-style.