I love Mondays so much!!! Monday is a fresh start, with a brand new set of days stretched out before you that are going to be really awesome. I don’t get the “I hate Mondays” thing. Personally, I like Mondays even more than weekends. Isn’t that crazy? Yay for crazy! UPDATE: Now it’s Tuesday because I didn’t get this posted yesterday because I got distracted, big surprise there (I like Tuesdays slightly less than Mondays..by Tuesday, Monday has usually disappointed me a bit).
Last week was really busy and fun because Jess (there she is, above!) came to Ann Arbor to work with me at the studio, so I worked more than usual. 2.5 days is about my usual. Jess and I did lots of sewing, worked on a new pattern, and took lots of photos. We had a sewing night on Wednesday at the studio that was jam packed and totally fun. Mr. Rae ended up being out of town again so I was also pretty exhausted from also keeping three children fed and clothed, so I didn’t really find any time to post on the blog (oops…still need to figure out that whole “editorial calendar” concept…or not…whatever), but I’m really excited to show you all of the things we worked on!
And then, the weekend…Jess flew home on Friday. We dropped Elliot off at camp for a WEEK (ack!! we miss him!). We drove to West Michigan to hang out with my in-laws. We went to the Downtown Market in Grand Rapids for lunch one day. We swam in the pool (except for Hugo, who still won’t get more than his feet wet). Mr Rae and I had a date night. We went out to the lake to see a sunset. We went to a birthday party for my niece. And then we drove home. I probably need to relax a little or something. Sometimes I feel like life is pretty crazy. But at least it’s not boring, right?
Here’s some other random stuff and linkadoos for you to enjoy today:
- I really love this day-in-the-life post from Megan Nielsen about how she fits her business into life with three kiddos (via Abby, of course)
- Julie made FIVE GEMMAS and blogged about them. That woman is on fi-yah.
- If you think virtual headsets are ridiculous, you’ll enjoy this set of hilarious photos.
- We did a ton of driving this weekend (see above) so I listened to a bunch of Young House Love podcasts. Podcast #8, “3 Pro Bloggers Get Real about Sponsored Posts” is reeeally interesting if you find the business of blogging fascinating (I do!).
- I bought myself a Fjallraven Kanken backpack as an early birthday present last week after wandering into their store in downtown Ann Arbor (The Dangers of Having a Downtown Studio…dum dum duuuuuum), and now I’m seeing them everywhere. Such as in this cute back to school post from Oh Happy Day.
Thank you to everyone who has purchased my newest pattern, Gemma!! I’m thrilled so many of you love it! I’m excited to post some tutorials for Gemma techniques, tips for fitting Gemma, and some ideas for variations soon.