I think this summer might be trying to swallow me up, whole. Trying to describe it feels too big, words fail me.
Here is our summer so far, in numbers. In no particular order.
(1) sprinkler park
(2) camping weekends
(2) camping weekends with rain
(1) trip to Mackinaw island
(8) miles biked around Mackinaw
(1) house painted
(1) new car (traded in our 12-year old car!)
(7) nights for Elliot and Clementine at sleepaway camp
(3) nights in Traverse City with Mr Rae
(3) “Grandma Camps”
(10) years old (happy birthday, Clementine!)
(2) board game nights with family friends
(1) West coast road trip planned, yet to come
(?) cousins played with (too many to count)
a few more:
(1) Lyme Disease scare
(1) case of Pertussis
(1) case of pneumonia
(7) prescriptions for antibiotics
(1) chipped tooth
(5) missed days of sleepaway camp, b/c sickness
Ah, this full life. It certainly feels like too much sometimes. Amidst all of it, though, I feel so, so grateful.
And also I’d kinda like a medal.