This playful design for knit fabrics can be made as a dress or top. Isla features a fitted bodice with a peplum skirt attached at the natural waist for a flattering fit. Elastic thread is used to gather and attach the skirt, a clever technique that you’ll find yourself returning to repeatedly. Built-in cap sleeves and a scoop neckline are finished with double-fold bands for a quick and easy finish. You’ll love Isla both as a transitional piece between seasons and as a summer wardrobe essential!
This item is featured in the following blog posts:
- Pink and white striped Isla
- My Isla Dress Class on Creativebug!
- Rose Jade + Isla Maxi Dress
- Grid Jade + Isla Dress
- How to sew a Jade + Isla dress
- Do you need a serger?
- Jess makes: Cobalt Isla Dress
- Isla with sleeves + woven skirt
- Jess’ Polka Dot Isla
- Isla Dress in Sidewalk Knit
- Marble Dyed Isla Top
- Bamboo Shibori Isla
- Two Islas in Sidewalk
- Mint Stripe Isla Dress
- Aztec Isla Top
- Isla Sewing Pattern is HERE!
- Observer Isla Dress
- Yellow Striped Peplum
- Strawberry Peplum Top
- knit fabric (see recommendations and yardage chart below).
- coordinating polyester thread
- elastic thread
Note: I’ve linked my favorite source there; but you can also find Gutermann elastic thread at most sewing shops. I do NOT recommend store-brand or Dritz elastic thread! See also: Resources, below.
light to medium weight knit fabrics such as jersey, interlock, and rib knits
Size Chart and Finished Measurements