Luna Pants are loose-fitting pants with a tapered leg for a flattering and comfortable fit. A quick sew, the pants include inseam pockets and are comprised of four main pieces, with facings attached inside the pants to form the waistband. Choose a variety of prints and fabrics to style these for both casual and dressier occasions.
Luna Pants Sewalong
I affectionately call this the Luna Pantsalong. If you need help with just one step, or would like some guidance throughout the Luna Pants sewing process, here’s a collection of resources and inspiration for you:
Let’s have a Luna Pantsalong!
Luna Fabric Inspiration
Luna Pantsalong: Inspiration
Luna Pantsalong: Planning
Luna Pantsalong Day 1: Measure, Print, Tape, and Trace
Luna Pantsalong Day 2: Make a Muslin
Luna Pantsalong Day 3: Cutting
Luna Pantsalong Day 4: Steps 1-4
Luna Pantsalong Day 5: Steps 5-9
This item is featured in the following blog posts:
- Luna Pants with a triple channel drawstring
- Blush Crush
- My favorite shoes to wear with Luna Pants
- Your Luna Makes!
- Knit Luna Pants
- Loominous Lunas
- How to add a drawstring to Luna Pants
- Luna Pantsalong Day 5: Steps 5-9
- Luna Pantsalong Day 4: Steps 1-4
- Luna Pantsalong Day 3: Cutting
- How to shorten the Luna Pants Pattern
- Luna Pantsalong Day 2: It’s Muslin Time
- Luna Pantsalong Day 1: Measure, Print, Tape, and Trace
- Yucca Voile Luna Pants
- A plan for sewing Luna Pants
- Luna Pants Inspiration
- Luna Fabric Inspiration
- Let’s have a Luna Pantsalong!
- Luna Pants: a flat-front experiment
- Yellow Luna pants with boots
- Luna Pants, inside-out
- Luna is Here!
- Introducing Presto Patterns!
- Jess made Mesa lawn Luna Pants too!
- Luna Pant photo shoot
- Luna Pants: why fabric makes a big difference
- And now for some PANTS!
- Woven or knit fabric (see recommendations and yardage chart below).
- Coordinating thread
- 1″-wide elastic
Woven lightweight cotton and linen blend fabrics such as voile, rayon challis, shot cotton, shirting, double gauze lawn, broadcloth, and lightweight chambray.
Stable knits (30% stretch or less) such as jersey or interlock.
Sizes and Finished Measurements
This pattern comes in women’s sizes XS-XXL. Choose your size based on your hip measurement
Seam Finishes Appendix (free download)