- The original Washi Dress in Rashida-Coleman Hale’s iconic fabric design
- A tunic version made with Lizzy House’s aqua pearl bracelet fabric design
- A sleeveless maxi dress version in Anna Maria Horner’s flowy voile
- A sleeveless variation made with orange shirting and white mini-poms
- A Washi Dress in the softest aqua double gauze fabric by Echino
This sweet and flattering dress features a cut-out scoop neckline, an above-the-knee hemline, pockets, and shirring in the back for an easy, comfortable fit. No zippers or closures are needed, making it a wonderful project for the intermediate sewist! The pattern can be made without sleeves, with a basic scoop neckline, as a tunic, or with a longer skirt to achieve a large number of different looks. You’ll be thrilled with all of the variations you can create with this fantastic pattern!
Washi Dress Printed Pattern
If you prefer to purchase the Washi Dress pattern in printed format, you can find a list of purveyors (both online and bricks-and-mortar) here:If you own or work at a shop and would like to carry the Washi Dress printed pattern, please fill out the form HERE and we’ll send you the relevant info!
This item is featured in the following blog posts:
- Jess makes: Lawn Washi with a Bow
- Super fun facings trick
- Jess’ Boatneck Washi Maxi Dress + how to
- Observer Maxi Dress
- Feather Washi Dress
- Wear Your Washi Contest Winners!
- Happy Birthday, Dear Washi
- Get ready to parrrrtay.
- Washi Maxi with bias binding
- Converting Washi to a nursing top
- Washi Dress Expansion Pack is Here!
- Another Washi Dress with a big bow
- Bird Dress with pointed collar and sleeve
- Pink Washi top with a little bow
- Summer Washi roundup
- Tsuru Washi with a bow
- Washi Dress Sewing Pattern is now in print!
- Tutorial + Pattern: Long Sleeve for Washi Dress
- mini washi + mama washi
- Printed Washi Dress patterns: an experiment
- Time for Tea Dress
- Washi Maxi Dress Tutorial
- Washi Dress Bodice Lining Video Tutorials
- And the hair…
- How I take photos of myself
- Summersville Washi Tunic
- Purple Washi Dress by Karen
- Aqua Double Gauze Washi Dress
- Washi Sewing Pattern PDF is here!
- Washi Maxi Dress in pink voile
- Aqua Washi Tunic
- Foxes, Moonrise Kingdom, and Washi
- Orange Washi with white pom-poms
- Washi Dress
• woven fabric (see recommended fabrics and yardage chart below) • 1 1/4 yard 1.25″ wide bias tape (pre-packaged single fold or cut your own) • elastic thread • lightweight interfacing
Sizes and Finished Measurements
A Note About Fit The Washi Dress comfortably accommodates most average-busted women in the size ranges indicated. A Fit Guide is provided to assess fit and assist with basic pattern adjustments. Those with fuller/less full busts may need to adjust the pattern accordingly; please see the** “Resources” section at the bottom of this page ** for links to Full Bust Adjustment and Small Bust Adjustment tutorials. The six sizes included in this pattern are also nested in a way that allows for easy grading-up and grading-down, so those with basic experience grading can create sizes outside the range provided. NOTE: The free WASHI FIT GUIDE is included in the digital download version of the pattern. If you have purchased the printed pattern, please download your Washi Fit Guide here (pdf).
Washi Dress Sewing Pattern - $16Buy Now
- Built By Wendy books. Especially her “Dresses” book goes into nice detail about adjusting fit, making muslins
- Colette Sewing Handbook: Also some great info on making muslins and adjusting patterns to fit, including bust adjustment. Her blog, Coletterie, also has a ton of great fit tutorials, and although most are specific to her patterns, many include principles that can be adapted to other women’s patterns as well
- Design-it-yourself clothes by Cal Patch – this is a great intro to pattern making, and although it’s really basic (no bust darts, etc), it was really a life-changer for me in terms of understanding the basic dimensions of a pattern and how to manipulate them.