I wish I had remembered to take a “before” picture. This used to be a short-sleeved sweater from Express. I never wore it because it was too tight, but I always really loved the stripes and colors. So I flattened it on my cutting table, put my pants pattern on top (minus the butt panel; I figured this one was stretchy enough that it would fit over E’s cloth diapers just fine) and cut away.

It was a little nerve-wracking, to be quite honest. But they fit him great and definitely look cuter as baby pants than on me, so I’m happy with the result.

The giveaway ends tonight. Last chance!

Categories: baby pants, clothes for boys

12 Responses to My Old Sweater = Baby Pants

1. Susie says:

those are so cute!

2. I Wonder Woman says:

Oh, those are adorable! I’ve been staring down my closet these last few days of my pregnancy, wondering if my sweaters would ever fit again. Even if they don’t, I could make pants! :) Do they wash well?

3. Meg says:

Wow. That’s awesome! The fabric looks like it was made for baby pants.

4. Jennifer says:

Another great sew. And I love the rug. It would be great in my new orange room. Off to investigate crochet rugs…

5. Cori says:

Now those are CUTE! I wonder if I have anything I could re-purpose. Hmmm…

6. Mojavi says:

omg now i know what to do with all my stuff that doesnt fit…. i wonder if i can turn a blouse into a dress

7. Sue says:

Great way to use something that otherwise would have been thrown out. I’ll bet they’re really comfy, too.

8. Sel and Poivre says:

How satisfying is that? There’s nothing better than a good repurposing!

9. davidandheather says:

Do you sell a pattern for the awesome baby pants you put together?

10. Shimmy Shake says:

Great sweater pants..this is my favorite way to recycle! Congrats on your new Etsy store, hope all goes well!

11. Jen says:

Great idea! I was just thinking of using an old pair of pants to make a pair for my son.

12. Rae says:

Davidandheather –

No at this point I do not sell a pattern for the baby pants; it’s on a very long list of patterns to publish or post, so we’ll see…(: