Just have to show you these. I bought them all spur-of-the-moment one day a couple weeks ago and they arrived last week.  I’m pretty geeked.

I saw these at Sarah+Abraham and after discovering that you could custom build each child (hair, eye, skin color) I had to have them.  I guess I just love those little retro-cartoony faces.  Almost as cute as my babies themselves.  I should have put less hair on Clementine but whatevs, maybe it will grow in this summer and look just like that.  Her roots are threatening to be blond though so we’ll see.

These would have made a great Mother’s Day gift but I already have a list about a mile long for Mr Rae. Fabric, patterns, chocolate, jewelry…

The childless me would have died if told one day I would have these, defined by my CHILDREN rather than myself?  But you know what, that’s exactly how moms at library story time, Kindermusik and the park all think of me.  They can never remember my name, but they always remember I’m Elliot and Clementine’s mom. And I couldn’t be prouder to be associated with these two cuties.  Being mom to these two is one of my proudest accomplishments and blessings.

Someday when I have more free time I won’t cover up the phone number so you guys can give me a call and we’ll chat, OK?  If you run into me at the park though, be sure to ask for my card.  I need to get rid of all these before my kids look different.

Categories: Uncategorized

37 Responses to Mommy Cards for Rae

1. Maggie says:

These are super adorable! But the thing that caught my eye was the 734 area code. Are you in the Ann Arbor area? I live in Ypsilanti and never realized you were so close!

2. madebymegs says:

Oh my…I never in a million years would would come up with this idea. What a saver for time by having a card instead of having to write our digits down everytime we see a parent or teacher. They are absolutely adorable :)

3. Annette says:

What a great idea……I love it. Your children would really reall have fun about it some day……..

4. kathy says:

Those are sooooo cute!

5. Melissa says:

Those are so cute! I've been looking for a cute calling card since my son started kindergarten last August. I'm in love with these, I'm totally doing to have to get some of these!

6. Chris says:

Rae, these are so sweet. I LOVE the illustrations…so simple. Thanks for sharing. Thanks for sharing your feelings about being a mom, too. I am grateful to be mom to my four…I still can't believe I HAVE four…and wouldn't have it any other way.

7. handmadehappiness says:

these are so lovely….. my boy's are my life i will have to go check the site out!!! x thanx for sharing :)

8. Grandma G says:

The cards are precious! And what a beautiful way to define yourself!

9. sharon says:

so neat!

10. adventure knitter says:

those are super cute! If only they had them for 4 kids…. I love the other things on this site though!

11. Caroline @ The Feminist Housewife says:

Oh my goodness! How adorable are these. That is a great idea.

My former self would roll over in her grave at this thought…but I love the idea now; so practical and cute!

12. Kylie says:

Super cute – what a great idea:)

And I cant beieve how much they actually look like your two.

13. Susan says:

OMG – Love these cards. Just ordered a set. Thanks for the link up! Love your blog by the way!

14. Kathleen says:

I love those! I'm telling all my mommy friends about them!

15. Profesora 13 Stoploss says:

Those are awesome! When my son was going to preschool the parent's didn't recognize me but his friends would always say "hi Tristan's mom!" Love the last 2 sentences,
    "If you run into me at the park though, be sure to ask for my card. I need to get rid of all these before my kids look different."
    Totally laughed (because I'd probably think/do/say the same thing).

16. Steph says:

Those are way cute! I never did get around to making my own, maybe I should order a set…

17. Jennwith4 says:

Those are soooo cute!

18. barbara says:

i love the cards, unfortunately i live in switzerland, so can't order any. i like how you don't mind now to be defined through your kids (at least in kids areas like playground…).
    there is a major discussion going on here in the newspaper (via letters) 'mothers versus childless women'. i never realised there was so much conflict/hate between the two groups. apparently (they say) that mum's are smug and non-mums are harderworking. not so sure about that. since i had my twins i often wished i could just go back to nine to five and be done with work for the day. but i love being a mum and i think it is great that you, too, love it and express it by way of those cards. parenting is a job, too :-)
    enough ranting now :-)
    love your blog, i read it almost every day.
    barbara

19. Lynz says:

I'm one of those weird Mums that actually doesn't mind being "Holly's Mum" to everyone. I've had a few snarky comments directed at me over the years when I've said something to "Bailey's Mum" or whatever. Y'know the type, you get *that* look and a "My name is…." from them. I don't define myself through my child – I'm a working Mum, so I wear a few hats – but the fact remains I AM a Mum and I'm not offended by being referred to as one.

*climbs off the soapbox*

Your cards are SUPER cute. Almost as cute as the actual kids. *thinks* Naaaaah….

20. Heidi says:

Oh how adorable! I have been proud to be my parents' daughter, my husband's wife, my sister's sister and my children's mother. How fun would it be to give these out to fellow parents! I'm going now to check out where you found these.:)

21. Stacy says:

Those are so cute…thanks for sharing them! How very true they are, too. We are totally defined by being our kids' mom, and it is great to have that so people know your actual name LOL!

22. Beth says:

Very cute! If I had any kids, I'd order some too. :)

23. Katie says:

Love them! I have 3 kids so no cards for me. Booo
    BTW- I'm in 419- are are close.

24. Chancy says:

Those are SO cute. I have no kids and those ALMOST make me want kids so that I can get super cute cards made. ;)

25. Abacus says:

2 thumbs up! I carry my mommy cards with my business cards. Like you I never thought I would be proud to define myself as my children's mom, but to me it's the best title I've got. Mine are not as cute as yours tho.

26. Deanna says:

Those are cute, but I have to agree with Maggie. The area code caught my eye, too. I grew up outside in Dexter and use that area code often!

27. dana says:

those are the coolest!!! I love them even more than your COOL shoes!

28. Miss Pelicano says:

I think those are absolotely lovely! That's why it's so special being a mum! Your kids mean everything to you and that's how it should be! Soon enough they'll be growing beards and leaving home, so we might as well make the most of it! I'm a mum too, of two boys, hence the beard thing…

29. kjansma says:

Love them! I wish they had a bob option for girl hair though. My daughter and some of other girls at her school have little bobs.

30. jlk says:

So stinkin' cute!! I am asking for them for Mother's Day.

31. Kari says:

Oh. My. Gosh. So stinking cute. May have to forward the info to my husband…

32. Mom of three says:

Rae,
    Love these cards. A few years back I was in a park with my kids and my daughter made a new friend who's mommy whipped out a "calling card" for future play dates. I loved the idea and had some made up (not as cute as these), and ever since it has been much easier for me to approach other moms in the park. It's been a great way for me to connect with other parents of children the same age as mine that live in my neighborhood. Come to think of it…I need new cards made because I'm now toting three kids to the park!

33. Thalita Dol says:

those are just too cute!!!!

kisses from Brazil

34. LeeAnn Howard says:

I love the idea of Mommy Cards! And I also recognized that area code for the Ann Arbor/Ypsi area! I live in Jackson, and never knew you were this close! Love your blog!! :)

35. N.D. says:

these are adorable!! :)

36. Aunt LoLo says:

Loving those!!! Maybe once I get through my 500 Vista Print cards….LOL

37. life in yonder says:

Hillarious! These are so cool.