I made another sunsuit. These are becoming my go-to summer outfit the more hot and sticky it gets here in Michigan and they’re easy and fast. I am also pretty excited about this reversible baby bonnet. It’s been in pattern purgatory for weeks, a little too baggy in back, a little too short at the ears. But finally I cracked it. And two bonnets for the time invested in one? Excellent.
If you missed the tutorial for this sunsuit the first time around, you can find it here. Although be warned, I’ve already figured out a better way to do the bottom. Hah. Just have to find time to photo/blog it.
The fabric is from a thrifted sheet. I remember complaining at one point about my lack of good vintage sheet sources. My cries did not go unheard; my Aunt Jan who is the Queen of Thrift Store Finds came to my rescue with a stack of awesome sheets. This pink daisy pattern is so cheerful and summery. Here’s a peek at the inside (outside?) of the bonnet:
Other randomness for today
- Baby Pants Pattern: I realize that if I don’t produce a Big Butt Baby Pants Pattern very soon, I’m going to have a mob on my hands. As soon as I get off this computer I am going to work on it. I know that doesn’t mean anything concrete, but I thought I’d just mention that, for what it’s worth.
- Buttercup Class License: I also want to see if there’s any demand for a class license for the Buttercup Bag. I realize that many fabric store owners like to teach it as it’s a nice easy beginner pattern, but would prefer to teach the larger size without the $10/student price tag. Please comment or email me (rae DOT made AT gmail) if you would be interested in this sort of thing…I can make that happen.
- Privacy Issues: Some of you may have noticed I’ve randomly started omitting my kids’ names (and faces, usually) in my posts. I’ve been toying with getting rid of their names altogether. After reading this I get more and more anxious every day that I’m going to discover some creep has taken pictures of my kids and put them on their own website or worse. The problem is, there doesn’t seem to be much precedent or standard anywhere. When I was a teacher it was easy: you don’t post pictures of your students online unless you have parental permission. But now that I’m the parent? My kids can’t speak for themselves, so it’s my call when I put them out there. And most of the blogs I read have pictures of their kids’ faces and real names. I’m starting to wonder if that is that being completely irresponsible? I struggle with this lately. And as you can tell I have yet to do anything about it. Bah.
Anyway, that’s all for now. Gotta go work on baby pants.
Sign up for my newsletter!
- ▼2014 (45)
- ▼April (12)
- Liesl + Co Patterns Giveaway
- Trifecta Top Pattern Giveaway from Kitschy Coo
- Grainline Studio Patterns Giveaway
- Riding Peplum Pattern Giveaway from April Rhodes
- Lela Pattern Giveaway from Green Bee
- Megan Nielsen Patterns Giveaway
- Coco Pattern Giveaway from Tilly and the Buttons
- Lane Raglan Pattern Giveaway from Hey June
- Around here
- Announcing Spring Top Sewalong 2014
- Friday Flickr Roundup
- Meet Jess and her awesome Nani Iro Bianca
- ▶March (10)
- ▶February (11)
- ▶January (12)
- ▼April (12)
- ▶2013 (149)
- ▶2012 (169)
- ▶2011 (173)
- ▶2010 (130)
- ▶2009 (74)
- ▶2008 (59)
- ▶2007 (6)
- ▼2014 (45)