I used to be pretty anti-pink for girls but now I find myself not caring so much. It’s gone the way of most of the idealistic rantings of my twenties, meaning now not only do I realize that I’m pretty much a hypocrite but I’m comfortable with it. All that to say yes I do dress my baby girl in pink. And speaking of being a hypocrite, I know I just had a mini-freakout over not having my kids’ names or pictures on my blog a couple months ago, but I went back and forth and then just decided to heck with it I had to show you this picture. (If it’s gone tomorrow you’ll know I had another mini-freakout. In the meantime, please do not use any of these pictures for your own use)
This is actually another one of the many Tee for Two by Patterns By Figgy’s* I’ve made this month, this time in the 12 month size. Love it. Jenny over at SIDAC just made one too (Elliot would be so jealous of that one. He is going through a strong Beatles phase) and reading her comment about the neckhole being a little tight reminded me that I too had that issue and ended up adding about an inch or two to the neckband for both kids and cutting the neck hole about 1/4″ larger. If you have Big Headed Babies too you may find this helpful.
I decided spur-of-the-moment after making that Lion Tee to applique this one too (just haven’t had time to take pics with it on yet, OK actually if you must know I think I lost it), so the pic below is what it looks like now (wherever it is). I love the ice cream applique, definitely. But there’s something great about the non-embellished tee that I’m kind-of missing now. Oh well. Move on, Rae….good grief it’s not like it’s ruined:
I know that based on a lack of evidence to the contrary you must think that I put a ridiculous headband on Clementine every day of the week. But in fact that is not so. Usually she does not wear anything in her hair, but it’s getting so crazy and unruly that for blog pictures I’ve been headbanding it up so that you won’t think she’s Einstein’s love-child. Case in point:
Other blahdeeblah around here:
- WIPS: One of the reasons I haven’t had much to show for myself lately is that I’ve been a) on vacation, b) working on top-secret Sew Mama Sew tutorials, and c) working on the Bonsai Bag again, in case you didn’t already guess from this post. And FYI there will be a Bonsai sample giveaway on this blog very soon. Yes you heard that right.
- TWITTER: I put my Twitter up on the sidebar but I know that most of you don’t actually come TO the blog as you read with your Readers. So if you want to be privy to my daily blatherings you can check out madebyrae on Twitter. I probably post once a day at most. And it’s usually pretty dull, to be completely honest, but there at least you know about it now.
- KIDS NAMES: I decided that it was stupid to not use my kids’ names on the blog when I hadn’t had the time to go back and delete all of the past posts that had their names in them. Especially since now with these little links at the bottom of each post, their names pop up more now than ever. If and when I ever get a chance to delete them, it will be easier just to do a find and replace on the entire blog and do it all at once.
- KCWC: Have you seen that Meg is doing the Kid’s Clothes Week again??? Yippee! I totally missed it last time but I really really want to this time. Marking. It. On. The. Calendar. There are special buttons for you over there if you want to sew along too!
*UPDATED for Full Disclosure: Since meeting in “real life” earlier this year, Karen and I have become friends and now have playdates with our kids every few weeks or so. I guess that’s just how life goes. I actually didn’t have the full pattern when I wrote this post since Karen had given me a computer printout taped together with masking tape precut to Elliot’s size. Since the writing of this post PBF’s has very kindly given me a Tee for Two pattern so now I can at least claim to own a real copy. Am I biased in writing this post? Absolutely. Does that mean this pattern is any less awesome? I sure hope not!
Sign up for my newsletter!
- ▼2014 (45)
- ▼April (12)
- Liesl + Co Patterns Giveaway
- Trifecta Top Pattern Giveaway from Kitschy Coo
- Grainline Studio Patterns Giveaway
- Riding Peplum Pattern Giveaway from April Rhodes
- Lela Pattern Giveaway from Green Bee
- Megan Nielsen Patterns Giveaway
- Coco Pattern Giveaway from Tilly and the Buttons
- Lane Raglan Pattern Giveaway from Hey June
- Around here
- Announcing Spring Top Sewalong 2014
- Friday Flickr Roundup
- Meet Jess and her awesome Nani Iro Bianca
- ▶March (10)
- ▶February (11)
- ▶January (12)
- ▼April (12)
- ▶2013 (149)
- ▶2012 (169)
- ▶2011 (173)
- ▶2010 (130)
- ▶2009 (74)
- ▶2008 (59)
- ▶2007 (6)
- ▼2014 (45)