We’re continuing with our boy bag theme! If you missed yesterday’s posts you can see Marigold’s Crayon Monster Art Tote here and Steffanie’s Scavenger Bags here. Today our first guest is Toni of Make it Perfect who is sharing a couple very cool ways to keep kids toys organised with her Peek-A-Boo Toy Sacks tutorial and Lego Sack tutorial

Peek-A-Boo Toy Sack
Lego Sack
Cinch it up and go!
Here’s Toni:

Hello! I’m Toni from Make It Perfect and I’m thrilled to be featured during Celebrate The Boy – last year’s Boy month was so inspiring and I’m happy to be sharing some fun tutorials and patterns with you today!  I am a stay-at-home Mum and have three children – Oscar (5), Lil (3) and Tommy (1).  As well as my children keeping me busy, I am also the designer of the sewing pattern range, Make It Perfect.  As a hectic Mum who loves to sew, my patterns are aimed to suit busy sewers who want to create modern, fresh and funky clothing.  I LOVE to sew and try really hard to keep things even and sew a lot for my boys as well as my daughter.  I’m making the most of the boys wanting me to sew for them while they are young because I’m sure the day will come when they don’t think it is cool anymore!  I love including my children in my sewing by allowing them to choose fabric and patterns and share their ideas and requests with me.  My sewing room is shared with their playroom, so we can hang out together – all of us doing things that we love.  This is definitely one way that I can get a lot accomplished in a day and because the sewing machine is always out and my sewing supplies are familiar to them, they tend not to get up to (too much!) mischief and are happy for me to sew while they play.  I love that my boys think that sewing is cool and are interested in what I do.

You can see even more cool pictures of the Peek-A-Boo Toy Sacks here!

And while you’re over at Make it Perfect, be sure to check out Toni’s sewing patterns for boys:

left:  About A Boy   center: Slumber Party Jammies   right: Play School

left: Downtown Boy   center: Lazy Day Hat   right: Little Explorer

Toni also released her first book last November with Penguin Publishing entitled Make It Perfect which also features a number of boy-friendly clothing patterns!

Thank you so much Toni for the lovely tutorials and for stopping by to help us Celebrate the Boy!

Categories: CELEBRATE THE BOY 2011, tutorial

6 Responses to Guest Tutorial: Toni of Make it Perfect

1. snips says:

Love both the lego sack and the peek a boo toy sack…
    I'll be making both!
    Heading over to Toni's blog now…thanks!

2. Jayna Rae says:

Great sacks! Awesome boy patterns!!!

3. Jenny says:

Brilliant! I love Toni, she's such a sweet gal!

4. maris olsen says:

I TOTALLY needed this cute bag when my youngest son was small – he was a total Lego maniac! Very adorable Toni – thanks for sharing!

Maris

5. Karen D says:

I am already a big fan of Toni's patterns and made both the lego sack and the peekaboo toy sack for my toddler son at Christmas. They are so worth it – totally useful and fun to make too!

6. Penny says:

I am a new fan. The lego peek-a-boo bag is a great idea and the design gives it the modern look, thanks Toni for sharing.