Today we’ve been featuring tutorials for things that help entertain your little guy when you’re on the move. This morning Holly showed us how to make a magnetic superhero playset and Ruby presented her toy bag tutorial. Here’s even more tutorials and a roundup of photos for you for the boy on the GO:

Here’s another fantastic way for your boy to take his toys along to the restaurant, park, or grandma’s, a folding playmat bag. This cute playmat has buildings and streets and features a storage pocket, a strap and velcro tabs so you can fold it up into a messenger bag when it’s time to go!

This tutorial comes to us from Virginia of GingercakesVirginia says: “The bag unfolds into a playmat so he can take it with him all around the house and also when we go to grandmas or in the car.  It even has enough space to pack change of clothes, his blankie and a toothbrush!  You will enjoy the fun of creating a cute play mat design and thinking of him while you put it all together.”

And here’s another fold-up-and-go car mat that is simply amazing:

It has a police station, a hospital, a pool…and look! It folds up into this incredibly cute house!

This tutorial comes from Narelle over at Cook Clean Craft.  Narelle says, “Yes, I’ve joined the world of the car play mat, by I had to add my own touch, with it folding up into a house to carry around. And the little man loves it: when I was making it, he kept grabbing it and saying “want it” in his cutest 2 year old voice. It’s a handy take-anywhere bag with plenty of space to carry cars and other toys. As an added bonus, the play mat is big enough to hold all my son’s cars, making a cute storage box in the playroom!”

And finally, here’s even more ideas from our Celebrate the Boy photo pool for you to keep your little guy entertained on the GO!
1. Tutorial for a scarf with treasure pocket at Living with Punks: Lil Dude Scarf Interior, 2. Train Caddy, 3. Cozy Car Caddy
Cute ideas for the artist-on-the-go:
More creative ideas for bags for boys:
Categories: CELEBRATE THE BOY 2011, roundup

14 Responses to Toys on the GO! Even more awesome ideas…

1. Emily says:

Wow! What fantastic play mats!

2. sweetkm says:

We love Virginia and her awesome play mat. Her other Gingercake patterns are awesome, too!

3. Jessica says:

thanks for this post. my boy is about to turn 2, and I was having trouble thinking of what to make him. Now I will have trouble deciding which!

4. Katie @ Hippos and Dinosaurs says:

Thanks for featuring my little train caddy! I also love that construction site! That's too fun!

5. little wakka says:

Every day gets better and better!

6. Cook Clean Craft says:

Thanks so much for the feature! I love seeing everyone's ideas.

7. SewTara says:

OOOOhhh that bag is great!!
    Thanks for sharing my construction site photo!

8. J A C Q U E L I N E says:

Wow that felt house is amazing. Thanks for sharing this great work.

9. ricebabies says:

Very smart indeed. We are more of the art set than cars but very cool.

10. memmens says:

I am loving that play mat/messenger bag – must go on my list of things to make for my little boy. Thanks for featuring my rocket pencil roll – I wondered why my stats on flickr had rocketed!

11. anne says:

omigosh, these are great! thanks for collecting all these links in one spot!

12. Lorajean says:

EEK that felt play town is AMAZING!! I want to make one! Yippee!

13. Max California says:

omg these are amazing. My son's best fiend ever has these three trains he is OBSESSED with! A train playmat would be perfect for him!

14. Cathy says:

Wow! They all look so great! Some people are just so creative.