Meg is at it again. She always comes up with the most ingenious ideas, it’s really quite astounding. Today we’re featuring the balance board tutorial she’s put together for Celebrate the Boy, and seriously, how much fun is this? I can see this keeping my boy occupied for a very, very long time:

Meg is no stranger to this blog; you may remember her nifty belt tutorial from last year, and the fact that she went away to Hawaii earlier this year and left those of us in the North Country with free reign of her blog. Meg’s also the host of Kid’s Clothes Week which is always great fun. Stick around Elsie Marley long enough and you might catch another one!

Meg says:

I have two boys: a four year old and an 18 month old. They are constantly on the move. People say boys are different, but you don’t realize how different that energy is until you walk into a room and one is scaling the bookshelf and the other is flying into a belly flop on the couch. So I made this toy to try and focus a little bit of that energy.
While you’re over at Elsie Marley, you’ll want to check out some other fun stuff for boys:
Hot Dog Tee
Categories: CELEBRATE THE BOY 2011, tutorial

8 Responses to Guest Tutorial: Balance Board by Elsie Marley

1. dana says:

Brilliant MEG. Brilliant.
    So very clever. love it!

2. Sabra says:

Okay, I'm totally making this. Awesome, really, really. Also, when I saw those pants her son is wearing, I thought, "I want to make some" So YAY for her sharing how to do that, too.

3. Chris says:

Ingenius. Truly. I need to make some for my kids.

4. Mrs. Rogers says:

That board is awesome! I've been on a quest to only give handmade, books, or gift cards (for those who don't appreciate the above mentioned) for gifts and this is PERFECT! Thanks for sharing Meg!

5. CraftCrave says:

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [13 Mar 12:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

6. Karen says:

This is totally ingenious. Rae – wanna make these together next week?

7. CraftCrave says:

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [13 Mar 11:00pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

8. Rachel Ramey says:

My GIRLS have that climb-the-walls energy. I will be making this for days the weather is too yucky to be outside!