Sometimes I get to the end of the week and there’s not much to show for it. Last week I made a pile of reversible sunbonnets and nearly finished up the pattern. The pictures that came back from the testers were awesome. I was a little bummed, because I was SO close to getting this up and running before Easter. The good news is that there will still be plenty of sunshine yet this spring and summer! Woohoo!

Here’s the child size small (fits ages 4-6 approximately)

Fabric: Anna Maria Horner, Good Folks line
Fabric: Brown Linen

And a couple for teeny tiny babies (these are the newborn and 0-3 month sizes):

Fabric: Vintage sheet (left), “Vintage” Amy Butler Gypsy Caravan line (right)
Fabric: Lecien Dots (left) and Natural linen/Tencel blend (right)

And here’s a cover image:

Coming soon! (like possibly this afternoon?) In EIGHT sizes to fit heads 13″-21.”

Categories: bonnet

20 Responses to Almost here: Bonnet, Bonnet, Bonnet!

1. Sew What Daddy says:

So cute! But can you really make bonnets for boys? Looks like I might have to add some sewing for the little girls I know…

2. Chris says:

Ok, those are stinkin' cute.

3. Rachel says:

How adorable is that? My son was asking yesterday what an Easter bonnet was. I intially told him just a hat, which he thought was cool and almost wanted one. THen I told him it was a girl's hat, and he then said "No Way!!" LOL Too bad I have no girls as this is such a cute idea!

Cheers!
    Rachel

4. Prudence says:

very cute!

5. The Murphbanks says:

Hi Rae
    The bonnet from the test pattern went down a treat here on Easter Sunday. Much wow's and amazement from family. Loved it.
    Susie

6. Mary on Lake Pulaski says:

Adorable Rae!

7. Becky says:

so very super cute!

8. Mylinh says:

These are crazy adorable! I must have!

9. beautifulladybird says:

I can't wait and I wish I could have helped you last week. These are so incredibly cute, I can't wait to sew some for the girls!

katie

10. Emily Elizabeth says:

Loooove this! I wonder if Phoebe would keep it on her head…..

11. craftycrab says:

YAY! I have been waiting (hoping!) for this pattern forever. SO glad that it is coming soon!

12. Eliza says:

I lurk but don't comment; however, I emailed hoping for a pattern for this some time ago. It's almost here — YAY and thanks!

13. carey says:

Oh, those are adorable!! I think I'm going to need to make one for my niece who is due to join the world next month! :)

14. meg says:

gorgeous! especially the first one. well done rae!

15. Tammy says:

Very adorable! Can't wait for the pattern!

16. Grace says:

Aaack! It's SO cute!!

17. Jenn says:

Oh, I love this!!! I posted some photos on Easter from my first Easter (it was the day after my first bday) and I was wearing an Easter Bonnet that my Mom and Memaw picked out to look like Holly Hobby. http://jennnash.typepad.com/blog/2011/04/happy-easter.html

18. Jolene says:

Ok, I really don't think I could get away with making THESE for my boys ;) . They are so, freaking, cute though! I must find a little girl to start sewing for…

19. Rae says:

Sew What Daddy and others who have brought up the "boy bonnet" issue: I kid you not, Elliot (who is now 4) has been asking me to make him a bonnet "like Clementine's, with flowers." I was like….uhhhhhh…?

While I am not a huge fan of gender-specific clothing, I must admit that no, this really isn't the most "boyish" of accessories. So I probably wouldn't make this for a boy unless they asked for it specifically. There's no harm in letting him wear it in the garden at grandma's. :)

20. Ally Y says:

I love all the bonnets especially the one made from the vintage sheet!! I’m so glad I have my sister to sew for or else I would be bummed because I love, love, love this pattern…..thankyou!