$10 – Charlie Tunic PDF Sewing Pattern
Buy Now

Please read my purchasing/printing instructions first if you have never purchased an instant download PDF pattern before. Thanks!

DESCRIPTION
The Charlie Tunic Sewing Pattern is a digital PDF sewing pattern that you purchase, download, and print at home. The sewing pattern includes detailed step by step instructions, color photographs and full-sized pattern pieces for SIX sizes (12 months – 5T) for babies and children. Seam allowances are included on all pattern pieces. Instructions and cutting lines for short sleeves are also included.

The digital PDF including pattern pieces and instructions will be sent to your PayPal email address (please do not request that we forward to a different address. Thanks!) via instant download link as soon as payment is received.

***UPDATE: Want to make a Charlie Dress? The Charlie Dress Add-On is now available! ***

BUY BOTH CHARLIES AT ONCE & SAVE 20% ON THE DRESS ADD-ON!
$14 – Charlie Pattern Pack (original tunic pattern + dress add-on)
Buy Now

Please note: This sewing pattern is intended for personal use only. A license to sell for handmade sellers is not included with this version of the pattern. I will make that available soon! Thanks for your patience. ***UPDATE: A license to sell is now available! For more information, please visit my Seller’s Program page.***

DIFFICULTY
This tunic is an intermediate or “advanced beginner” project. I would recommend this project to someone who had some experience sewing simple garments before. Clear instructions for all of these techniques are given (they are not prerequisite skills), so an advanced beginner who has confidence could tackle this. Appropriate for an intermediate sewist who has some experience with various machine-sewn projects before. I am always happy to assist you by answering questions via email (see pattern for email link) if you should run across anything that is giving you trouble!

SIZES INCLUDED
12-18 months, 18-24 months, 2T, 3T, 4T, 5T

YOU WILL NEED
solid woven fabric for main tunic (1 yd needed for 12mo-3T / 1.25 yd needed for 4T-5T)*
1/3 yard or more fabric for facings (quilting cotton works great!)
Interfacing for facings is not recommended unless you are using very lightweight materials such as gauzes or or other sheer fabrics.

*Recommended fabrics: linen/tencel blends (shown in picture above), shirtings, or other lightweight cotton or linen materials are recommended. The more drape your fabric has, the more movement the tunic will have when worn, so quilting cotton may make this a little stiff, but some of the lighter-weight quilting cottons will work fine!

click image below for size chart and finished garment dimensions (also included in pattern file):

INSTANT DOWNLOAD
This 35 page PDF becomes available to you instantly via a download link as soon as payment is received (Click on teeny tiny “Continue to download” link after making payment. Just in case you miss that, another link is sent to your Paypal email address, but please make sure your Paypal email is up-to-date or you risk not getting it!). A printing chart is provided on the first page of the file so that you can save paper and ink by printing just the pattern sheets you need.

Note: e-Check payments take roughly a week to clear, so your pattern will not be sent instantly if you use e-Check but will be sent to you automatically as soon as your payment clears.

WANT TO SEE MORE?
The Charlie Tunic was featured on my blog on the following posts:
Charlie Pullover Tunic
More Charlie Tunics
Charlie with short sleeves
Short-sleeved Charlie in action!

And I can’t wait to show you how I’m making this pattern for girls!!!

SELLING TUNICS
This pattern is intended for personal use only. UPDATED: A license is also now available for handmade sellers for the Charlie Tunic from my pattern page. Please purchase a license to sell if you intend to sell the tunics. Thanks!

BUY YOUR CHARLIE TUNIC SEWING PATTERN NOW!*
$10

Buy Now

*Please read my purchasing/printing instructions first if you have never purchased an instant download PDF pattern before. Thanks!

Special thanks to my testers: Emily, Jess and Sabra for helping me test the pattern and for all of your amazing and helpful feedback!

Share your photos: I can’t wait to see all of the awesome Charlie tunics on your little ones! Please add your pictures to the Rae Made Me Do It photo pool so we can all enjoy them.

Thanks for your patience! As usual, please be patient with me as there are bound to be glitches at first. Please email me (rae DOT made AT gmail DOT com) if there are any issues and we’ll get them worked out!

Categories: Homepage Slider, patterns

27 Responses to Charlie Tunic PDF Sewing Pattern is here!

1. dana says:

Yay!!! The Charlie is up! Love it.

2. AnnaPK says:

I've been waiting for this! Thank you!

3. Ixchelle says:

I'm so excied for this pattern! Thank you so much for creating it!

4. Mama Bear says:

Yay, thought I'd check for it one last time and it's here! Thanks so much!

5. littlebitty says:

Yay! I just bought it, printed it off and am ironing fabric!! My 2yo is going to have a new summer shirt shirt soon! :)

6. Dana says:

I cannot wait to make this – have been waiting. So excited!! thank you!

7. Clover says:

thank you! my fabric has been waiting patiently:-)

8. CraftCrave says:

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [28 May 02:15am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

9. Anonymous says:

So I love the idea that you are doing one for girls, too, but please, oh pretty please, how about a mommy sized one?

10. Jo @ a life in lists says:

Hooray, I've been waiting or this since Celebrate The Boy! Now to find the time to sew…

11. Heather says:

I love this pattern! What a great piece for any wardrobe.

12. angie says:

Love, love, loving the Charlie tunic! Please bigger sizes????

13. luvinthemommyhood says:

Yippeee!!!! Love it and can't wait to try this one out too. You are fabulous dahling…fabulous!

14. Margaret says:

This pattern release truly made my day, no, maybe my entire week!
    Thank you, Rae!!!!
    It's the most exciting thing I've seen for boys in a very long time.

15. beth lehman says:

i love it – and i, too, would like a bigger one…. one for me and for my 10 yo!

16. Breea Heiner says:

I REALLY wish that I could have the Charlie Tunic in adult and dress form. I think it is so cute and want one just for me.

17. Michelle says:

Just found this pattern whilst looking for patterns for babies and purchased it. I made one today for my daughter (yes it looks nice for girls too!) and we LOVE it. Thanks for the awesome pattern and $10 well spent! look forward to more in the future :)

18. Camille says:

Thank you! Just what I needed for a simple, cute top for my little girl as we get ready for a trip to cooler climes!

19. I have purchased your pattern and cannot wait to start sewing. I will mail you a picture once the first one is finished. Have you not got a pattern for a padded little jacket? I quilt and would like to make a quilted baby/kids jacket. Thanks, Veerle

20. BoCo Mama says:

I lurve the Charlie Dress! Will you post a pattern? My munchkin definitely needs a Charlie Dress before cold weather comes.

21. sewingjayne says:

When will you have the rights to sell for the Charlie tunic?

22. Lia says:

Please consider making larger sizes of this! It is such a great, unisex top.

23. tina says:

I saw you made a pajama top from this pattern in lighter weight fabric.
    Do you think it would work with flannel for winter pjs (in Aus)?
    thanks :)