UPDATED: totally went back and read this later and realized you might be thinking, what is that grubby little blanket doing in those pictures? That’s his blankie. It’s not remotely handmade and it has an applique of Elmo on one corner. But he loves it.

It didn’t take a Hershey bar to get him to put this on. However, I am not ashamed to admit I may have pouted a little. This is the Charlie Tunic with short sleeves. Now that it’s on I think I prefer the sleeve facings inside (so you could fold up the cuff and see just a little bit of print) but it’s cute this way too. I’ve added cutting lines and instructions to the sewing pattern for short sleeves, with facings in or out, and it will be available shortly! Sorry to be such a tease on this; I’ve just been a little busy with that top thing lately.

Categories: patterns

14 Responses to Short-sleeve Charlie in action!

1. OneGirlCircus says:

I lovelovelove it!

2. Mama Bear says:

So cute.
    I'm waiting
    waiting
    waiting
    patiently (or not)
    for the charlie pattern to be available

3. Jodie says:

I love this… I really love the one that has the rulers on it. Awesome!

4. Lis says:

Cute tunic and cute kid!

5. Anna says:

love this, can't wait to get the pattern. :)

6. boomie says:

Oh, that alien fabric is just too cool!

7. sew grown says:

Pattern please!!! I know your busy but I must have this soon;)

8. whiterabbit says:

Glad I'm not the only one hanging out for this pattern! We know you're busy, we'll wait patiently…
    …is it ready yet?

9. midwestkids says:

You are a tease! I've been waiting to make a sun cover up for my daughter for our trip to Hilton Head this weekend! We leave on Saturday…is there any hope?

10. Rae says:

Yes there is hope! It is completely finished. Seriously am in the "putting on the page number" phase right now. Up to page 25, if you're interested. I'm guessing there's at least 10 pages left and then it's ready to go. Just keep getting distracted by more pressing things…sorry!!

11. Lisa says:

My favourite picture is with the blankie wrapped around his head – so beautiful – well he is so beautiful and having his face framed well what more could you ask for! A blankie is just that – something your child loves. It is a true lesson from our children. What we believe to be perfect, handmade,a gift that we don't think our child would find interesting or is too commercial in our eyes – well those are usually the ones that they love the best! And really who are we to question their taste!

12. midwestkids says:

You are going to post this pattern the minute I go to bed aren't you? ; D Good thing I took tomorrow off of work to 'prepare' for the trip. Tunic Tunic TUNIC! (me chanting in frat-boy fashion for the pattern). Pretty Please.

13. Rae says:

midwest kids: email me rae.made AT gmail if you need the pattern today. currently working on the blog post but the pattern is ready to ship

14. Ana says:

I've been oggling that tunic ever since you first posted it – can't wait for the pattern to be available.