Clementine loves to go barefoot. She also loves her rainboots. It’s a tough call, but I think barefoot wins. But if she can’t go barefoot, she’ll always pick her rain boots, to the point that it occasionally creates a little bit of conflict (Me: “No Clementine, you cannot wear your rain boots in the swimming pool!!” Clementine: “WAAAAAAAH!” Me: “Are you serious girl? You are making me crazy!!!”). When she put the rain boots on with the Charlie dress I made a couple weeks ago it was absolutely perfect. I couldn’t have planned it better if I tried. And you know if I had *asked* her to wear them she would have refused, she’s just a little bit sassy like that.

Who is this crazy person following me with a camera?

Pattern: Charlie Tunic, adapted as a dress (as shown earlier in this post)
Fabric: Red Letter Day by Lizzy House
Boots: Target? Meijer? Can’t remember.

PS Lots of good guesses on this Good Folks WIP, by the way. And a few of you guessed right! Nice. All will be revealed soon!

Categories: clothes for girls

17 Responses to Duck Duck BOOTS

1. Melissa says:

She is adorable and that dress is fabulous. This is definitely going on my to-do list. My little girls needs one too!

2. Oh my gosh – that is just the cutest thing ever! I am in love with that Charlie Tunic dress, and that fabric – just so stinking cute!! love it!

3. liza jane says:

I almost can’t stand the cuteness. She is absolutely adorable!

4. She is seriously adorable. I love the shot of her hopping – sooooo cute! And of course, that Charlie dress is out of this world cute. :D

5. tiffany says:

love it! and my daughter is exactly the same… boots or barefoot. (very) occasionally i can get her in sandals, but only if they’re deemed ‘fancy’ enough.

6. Toni says:

This dress gets cuter every time you make it, and I LOVE those fabrics together! I will definitely be making one of these as part of my daughter’s fall wardrobe.

7. Tara Faul says:

Uuuuuhhhhh…..quit! I am breaking down and wanting to get the pattern.

My daughter Clover is the same with her shoes. Loves the rubber boots.

8. Have you read her Big Sarah’s Little Boots? It’s by the same author as the Franklin the turtle series, and it’s about a little girl in love with her rain boots.
    Great dress with those boots BTW.

Clementine is the cutest! I love the faces she makes…and the dress is super adorable too!

10. amanda says:

Oh she is just out of control cute, Rae!! Love the boot action.

11. anna says:

oh I love that one of her looking back at you with those eyes!

12. Pam Pike says:

She is so adorable! Your photographs of her are priceless.

13. Jessica says:

I big, puffy heart LOVE the boots! My 3YO wears his a lot, too! I’m just looking forward to the day when my little girl’s feet are big enough for a pair!

14. Grandma G says:

Could.Not.Be.Cuter!!

15. angie says:

love love love it! How easy do you think it would be to alter the charlie shirt for say a 10 year old???

16. Liz says:

My daughter is exactly the same – barefoot or boots. Although, getting my daughter in a dress is a challenge.

Your little one is super cute!