Do you remember when all of your clothes were primary colors?

I do. There were apples and rainbows and whales on my t-shirts back then.

Later, we wore stirrup pants and tuck-rolled our jeans. There was alot of mauve and peach. It was pretty ugly.

I always liked the early eighties better.

That’s pretty much what I was going for here: bold colors, retro print, shaggy blond hair (exactly like I had). I love this little flashback.

(Pattern went out to testers today, should be ready soon)

Categories: Homepage Slider, knits, patterns

32 Responses to Flashback tee

1. Tristan says:

Where is this fabric from? Love!

It’s from JoAnn a couple years back, but I will say: it’s pretty pilly already. Joann + knits = Not great quality, IMHO

2. holly says:

I’m fired up about the pattern!

3. beth lehman says:

Dude! Do you just thank your lucky stars every time you post photos with your kids? E especially? I mean they are both darling, but this guy… he rocks, no? The posing? The banana? Come, on, Rae!! I would love to spend a few hours with your kids – they seem hilarious – I’m guessing your are too! Great shirt, can’t wait for the pattern!

they are both a total hoot. I suppose the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree, but these two keep me laughing (and wanting to strangle them) all day long…

4. Traci says:

It’s great to be a child of the 80s and see the re-dos that are in right now. Love the colors of this shirt. Match his favorite pants perfectly.

5. courtney says:

oh, excited for the pattern – I feel like I need a slight change from our beloved tee for two pattern with raglan sleeves!

i agree with beth – both of your kids just like a hoot. this guy cracks me up! what a character. that pattern looks like it’s going to be a definite must-have!

7. Nina says:

Nice top! But we do all know that green is a secondary colour, right?

sure sure. Aqua isn’t a primary color either… but did you have all kinds of red and blue clothes too? I don’t remember much green, but I definitely had lots of the red and blue in my wardrobe back then!

But thanks for bringing that up…I guess it does kinda make me look like an idiot doesn’t it?

8. Kirbie says:

Banana Phone sung by Raffi…he was my absolute favorite. If you have never listened to him you are missing out. Baby Beluga was my favorite of his. Ha, love the 80′s!

9. CitricSugar says:

Great clothes!

PS – Your kids crack me up.

10. am12pm says:

Excited by the new pattern…yippee!!
    What about Elliott’s pants? You made them? If so, what pattern?

These were made with Whipstitch’s Perfect Pant from her Sewing Kids Clothing eCourse; with the Dapper Dillinger by PBF pocket thrown in there too :)

11. Collette says:

A couple of those photos are making me think that DISCO LIVES!!!!! ;-)

12. Erika says:

Can’t wait for this pattern! I tried to come up with one on my own but the neck ribbing came out all wonky. I was just thinking I should try to tweak it when I saw your post and thought “phew!” So now I will leave the tweaking to the expert ;)

13. Sarah says:

Nice shirt! E is rocking the Sesame Street character style in that outfit. I love bright colors on kiddos, too!

14. angie says:

Most fantabulous! Hopefully the pattern will have bigger sizes as well???

15. erin says:

I have that same fabric in my stash!!!! And a cute little boy, as well! Hmmmm Looking forward to that pattern!

16. maureensmusings says:

I’m so fired up about this pattern. My little girl is in dire need of some tees and I went out and bought six different knits last weekend in anticipation of this pattern’s release! No pressure or anything, ; )

17. Sebastian says:

Seems so comfortable to wear and so soft. Plus the color and the design is really great, is there a a color for a girl? something like pink?

18. Jessie says:

Looks great! I also especially love the bananaphone photo! I’ve been wanting to thank you for awhile now for your series on knits. I bought some jersey nearly a year ago, and I really do want to give it a try. Thanks to the knitterviews, which have given me courage, the project has moved way up in the queue to next thing!

19. ira lee says:

haha!!! love it! he is the prettiest (excuse me, handsome!!) little boy!

20. Melissa N says:

I love the poses, they are the BEST!

21. Laura says:

I’ll take that pattern just as soon as it’s ready.

22. Ani says:

Love this! I miss kids clothes that looked like kids clothes. And don’t get me started on how horrible most girls clothing is these days… it’s all tight and… not kid like. Also, hello fellow michigander :)