I am so jazzed. I have TOO MANY exciting things going on in the next couple of months and just need to tell you about them all. right. now! But first up, I’m going to Atlanta in just a few weeks…

Karen LePage (author of Sewing for Boys) and I will be in Atlanta, Georgia on March 23 and 24 for a “Sewing for Kids” (for adults who sew for kids, not an event for kids, just realized that’s a little confusing!) weekend event at the Whipstitch Sewing Lounge! We can’t wait meet all of our Atlanta bloggy and crafty friends! I am so geeked. Here’s what we’ll be up to:

Atlanta Crafty Meetup / Friday March 23, 7-9:30 pm

Free, please register here

We’re having a Crafty Meetup in Atlanta! Bring your own crafty project to work on (and sewing machine if applicable, there are about a dozen machine spots, first come, first serve) or just your fabulous self for a fun crafty meetup at Whipstitch Sewing Lounge! Come and hang out, finish up those projects, and gobble up some delicious snacks courtesy of event sponsor Atlanta Modern Sewing Guild (yaaaay!). Karen will also have signed copies of her book available (or bring your own and get an autograph). Please sign up right here if you can come! (it’s free but we’d like to know coming)

Tips for Success when Making Handmade Garments, a free demonstration presented by Karen and Rae / Saturday March 24, 10:30 am – 12:00 pm

Open to the public

Making handmade clothes for your kids or yourself is so much fun, but you want to make sure that your work pays off! Karen and Rae will share tips on how to make sure those lovely handmade garments will last, and trouble shoot some common roadblocks. We’ll talk about when it’s good to take risks and show examples of garments we’ve made for our kids and ourselves.

Treasure Pocket Pants Workshop taught by Karen and Rae / Saturday March 24, 2-5 pm

Register here, limit 10 participants

Make a pair of treasure pocket pants for a boy or girl from the book Sewing for Boys with Karen and Rae. These unique pants feature two fabrics and an adorable side pocket for storing all of those little treasures. Sizes available: 18 months – 6/7, pattern included. Registration and more information on the workshop can be found here. Here’s a shot from the book of the pants we’ll be making, can’t you see these in a cute girl print too?

Hope you can come! I can’t wait! Read more on Deborah’s post on the Whipstitch blog!

PS. If you’re local, please join us for our next Southeast Michigan Crafty Meetup on Thursday, March 15, at Makerworks Ann Arbor! (register here / facebook page / newsletter )

Categories: Uncategorized

13 Responses to Atlanta, here I come!

1. Oh how I wish I didnt live in the UK right now – it looks like a slice of “me heaven”. Good luck, and have fun!

2. barb says:

oh how fun! I LOVE Sewing for Boys AND I’m just in Savannah! May have to mark my calendar for this one!! :)

3. Sara says:

I am SOOOO excited!!! Wheee!

4. Elaine says:

so cool and i’m excited for you! i’ll be there in spirit!

5. Amanda H says:

I’m soooooooooo excited and just signed up! yay!

6. Amanda H says:

It will be great to meet you and I’m so very excited! I just got the Sewing for Boys book and made the pajamas, so I hope the pants are not too much for me. :)

Ooo, soooo jealous! How about you set up your next one of these with the other half of the Sewing for Boys/Figgy’s duo and the meetup can be in Portland! Seriously great fabric shops around here, too… ;)

8. Crystal says:

Ah man, I’m in Canada, you should vlog the Tips for Making Handmade Garments…. Just kidding… kind of :)

9. dana says:

yay! so fun! Wish I could be there to hang out with you guys.
    have a great time!

10. kathyh says:

Looks like a fun class. I have two great-nieces to sew for but I can easily come up with small boys too.

11. Linda Toon says:

I have a lovely 5 month old grand-daughter and have started usinig my sewing skills again…Would LOVE to learn MUCH more!!! Put me in for the drawing!

12. larissa says:

We might not let you leave. Bring a large suitcase. :-) No boys to sew for at the moment, but Friday mixer sounds fun.