bubblegumhappy
bubblegumrunning

I’m sharing this pink dress I made for Clementine over at skirt as top today as part of the Vintage May series Kristin is hosting along with Jess of CINO. Click over to skirt as top to see more pictures and a peek at the vintage pattern I used to make it!

Bubblegum Dress

Those of you who are fans of the pink rainboots will be happy to see they’ve made an appearance again. I am going to cry big fat turtle tears on the day I discover she is too big to squeeze her feet in these anymore.

Bubblegum Dress

Click here to see the post!

Categories: Homepage Slider, clothes for girls

21 Responses to Bubblegum Dress

1. robin says:

Love the dress! It is just too cute! I may have to make one for my Lillie! And the boots are awesome! My older daughter, who is now 17, had a pair of purple rain boots that she wore EVERY single day until she couldn’t anymore! She refused to wear socks with them too! So you know what that meant, they stunk! Awful! I was so happy when she outgrew them because that was one less fight that we had every day! But her aunt thought it was funny and bought her another pair in a bigger size, so for two years straight she wore them everywhere with everything! I hated it then but I love it now!

2. Joanna says:

Love the dress – it’s just adorable. And Clementine looks so happy in it!

From one mommy to another, what does she wear under a dress like this? I hope this isn’t too weird a question, but I have a daughter about the same age, and now that the weather is warm enough to skip putting leggings under all her dresses, I’m not exactly sure what should go under there…

• This is such a good question. My daughter is about to turn 5 and I still want her to wear dresses, but have been at a loss as to where to find little shorts to wear underneath… or even a pattern for making them. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

She’s got a matching pair of bloomers underneath — if you click over to the skirt as top post you can see a couple of pictures!

(“Weekend Sewing” by Heather Ross has a nice bloomers pattern in it (it goes up to 18-24 months, but since they don’t grow much wider after 2, it fits my 3 year old fine, and she’s average size)

• Tammy says:

You can look for a gymnastic shorts pattern to go under an older girls dress. My girls 5,6,7 all wear them. I found the pattern on etsy.

3. Zaubertroll says:

What a dress! So lovely! Just great!

4. Anshu says:

Oh my what a cute dress. There’s a reason pink is said to be a girly color…looking at this dress just confirmed it.

5. Cherie says:

This is absolutely perfect. I love it!

6. Leslie says:

This dress is adorable. I am so inspired to make one like it for when my daughter is walking. Right now when i put her in dresses they just get filthy from crawling, but that should be done soon! Your dress is beautiful.

7. Michelle W says:

Oh my goodness! It looks like it is straight out of Dick and Jane!
    Such an adorable dress. It suits her well.
    Great job.
    ~Michelle

Thanks so much for posting this little dress on my blog, Rae! It turned out so great and I bet if I show it to Em she’ll be requesting one, stat. ;)

9. erin says:

i looove this. the pleats under the armholes are awesome. so darling!

10. fern says:

Yes. This dress is just fantastic!

11. Janica says:

Rae, this is so SWEET!

12. louise says:

love the dress and the boots! My son keeps wearing his boots even though it’s sunny and warm out!!

13. larissa says:

She looks like she jumped right off the cover of some of my vintage patterns. So love that little dress. Where is her boater and white gloves? LOL.

14. angie says:

so yummy cute!

15. dana says:

oh what a darling dress! So cute. And perfect name :)

16. LIzzie LLoyd says:

Rae can you pretty please make a pattern for this dress, i am sooo in love with it!!