I am so excited to announce that we have finished working on the Flashback Skinny Tee for Big Kids, sizes 6-14. Yaaaaaay! *Kermit arms*

$10 – Flashback Skinny Tee for Big Kids (Sizes 6-14) Sewing Pattern PDF

Buy Now

BUY BOTH FLASHBACK PATTERNS & SAVE 20%!
$16 – Flashback Skinny Tee Pattern Pack (Flashback Original + Flashback Big Kids)
Buy Now

Just like my Flashback Skinny Tee sizes 12 mo-5T, except this time in larger sizes for big kids! The sizes included are meant to fit most boys and girls through age 14, which means — if you remember the disparities in sizes from your own, memorable teenage years — that it will fit every kid differently, depending on chest measurement, broader shoulders, and developing busts. For this reason we’ve included a two-page guide called “Getting a Better Fit” that walks you through the process of choosing size based on your child’s measurement and adjusting pattern piece lengths accordingly to get a more “custom” fit (PS. I’ve sent the “Getting A Good Fit” guide out to everyone who purchased a Flashback Tee in the smaller range as well, and it will be included in ALL Flashback Tee PDF pattern packages from now on).

Here’s just a few fantastic shots from some of my wonderful testers (yes there were more, this is just a handful!):

Guitar and blue short sleeved versions from Cindy of Siestas and Sewing (blogged here) / Grey version from Beth of Yellow House Days / Purple floral and Striped versions by Clover of Farr Better Life (blogged here) / Pink Polka Dot version by Brittney / Rainbow version by Yara / Car, Black, and Dog versions by Tina / Pale Pink version by Becky / White floral with red trim version by Shannon of Mama’s Hustlin’ (blogged here) / Heart version by Melissa (love that awesome pose!)

Sizes Included: 6, 7/8, 9/10, 11/12, and 13/14

SIZE CHART

What about short sleeves?
As summer is now in full swing, I suggest you check out my Short-Sleeve Flashback Tee Tutorial which shows you how to turn the Flashback Tee into a short-sleeved tee for summer! I would suggest leaving 2-5″ on the sleeve below the armpit for the larger size range, depending on the size you are making and the style you want.

Fabric: Just like the original Flashback Skinny Tee size 12 mo – 5T, we recommend using stretchy jerseys and 1×1 rib knits (although a stretchy interlock may work) for the body of the tee and a rib knit for the neckband. It’s easy to recycle adult tees to make kid sized Flashback Tees because we’ve included finished hem lines on all of the pattern pieces. I don’t recommend using the traditional “beefy tees” to make Flashback Tees, though, as they don’t have enough stretch!

Yardage Needed:

More Information
For more information on the Flashback Tee, including pattern details, seller policy, and more, please see the Flashback Skinny Tee for 12 mo – 5T.

{As usual, if you have never purchased an instant download PDF pattern from me before, please read my purchasing and printing instructions before you purchase. Also know that eCheck payment is not the way to go if you would like your pattern as an instant download as it usually takes 3-5 business days for payment to clear.  The digital pattern and instructions will be sent to your PayPal email address via instant download link as soon as payment is received (please do not request that we forward to a different address).  Thanks!}

Ready to purchase?

$10 – Flashback Skinny Tee for Big Kids (Sizes 6-14) Sewing Pattern PDF

Buy Now

or…

BUY BOTH FLASHBACK PATTERNS & SAVE 20%!
Buy Now

Categories: Uncategorized, flashback tee, patterns

12 Responses to Flashback Skinny Tee for BIG KIDS is here!!

1. Rachel says:

so great to see sewing for bigger kids :D

2. Katie says:

Cool! Now to get it in my size… :)

You rock my socks. Can’t wait to try this for the bigger kids I know, and also…FOR ME!!

4. abby says:

So excited! I’ve gotta ask Rae, have you made the large size and tried it on yourself? Given the measurements chart I reckon I could squeeze into it!

Haha, I know, right? Yes, I have tried on the size 14…and it does fit me, though a bit snug, if I lower the armpit about 1.” It would be pretty easy to widen the sleeves and body a bit to make it fit me perfectly, though I haven’t done it yet. Will keep you posted!!!

5. Bernadette says:

Fantastic! Can’t wait to get sewing. Thanks for all your hard work getting this together.

6. Melissa says:

Great pattern — was lucky enough to be a tester (yes, the one striking a pose is mine ;) ) Now I’m going to have to get the smaller sized one for little brother. Great straight forward pattern, had it sewn in about 10 min. Total instant gratification! I’m going to have to try the largest size for me — nearly no chest+girls pattern should be a good fit ;)

7. lillysplit says:

I wanted to purchase this pattern, but I’ve had problems in past printing patterns from the US. I live in Europe and we use only A4 paper on the printer.
    Do you think it would work without missing edges from your pattern or without rescaling it and so changing the ratio of the pattern?
    Greetings from Germany!

8. erin says:

just catching up on my blog reading – THANK YOU! although my girls will *just* fit into the 14, i’m adding it to the list of things to make.

9. Tina says:

so awesome to see my boys here!

By the way, I was able to squeeze myself into my bigger sons Shirt (the all black one) – and he wears a size 10 (I am 5’3″ and a size 8), but the fabric I used was very stretchy.

Thank you again for letting me do the pattern testing, it was a honor to me! And I am so happy for the neckband instructions included in the pattern, I never hat any problems with any neckband since then.

Greetings,
    Tina

10. Sarah says:

I am having trouble finding good rib to use for the necklines, any suggestions? When I use regular jersey it looks great but I need to cut the neckline about 2″ longer since it doesn’t stretch as much.