She had outgrown the other polka dot top but was still insisting on wearing it despite the fact that it was leaving marks in her armpits from being too tight. She would demand it even when it was in the wash, and as soon as it came out clean it would be the first thing to be worn again. Something had to be done. So I made another, bigger one. In the exact same fabric, because she’s been a little fussy about what she’ll put on lately. Sure enough, it’s a favorite.

It made the perfect summer dress for a playdate with friends a few weeks ago.

Here’s what the boys were up to.

Reading Curious George on the blanket. Yeah, we couldn’t believe how absorbed they were with this either. They’re not normally so docile. It was cute (and doesn’t my friend Giedra have the most beautiful boys??).

While she did all the work, of course.

{pattern: in the works, after Washi, see this post / fabric: It’s a Hoot by MoMo for Moda}

Categories: Homepage Slider, clothes for girls

13 Responses to Polka Dot Dress

1. Grandma G says:

I can see why she likes it so much… it’s perfect! It even makes her smile for photos. ;)

2. Jessica says:

Clementine has the sweetest little mouth. Love the dress of course.

3. I love how summery and sweet this little dress is, and I’ve always loved the “cherry dot” fabric. Haha, all the summer pictures of my boys consist of them in underwear and barefoot and my friend’s girls always have the sweetest little dresses on.

4. I love this dress. The bright polka dots look great on your daughter. I’d love this pattern…but I’m sort of glad its in the works AFTER the washi dress…I really need to make myself something and that washi dress is on the top of the list. Its the perfect reward to myself for getting to the gym on a consistent basis for the first time in my life. And what better way to celebrate “putting myself on my to-do list” than to “put myself on my sewing to-do list.” :)

i just bought some of this stuff in orange! plan was to make a “clementine-esque” dress for Em because i remembered your last one…and then here you go again making another! so freakin’ adorable.

6. Ellen says:

Adorable! I can’t wait for the pattern. I have at least 4 little girls in my life that will need this dress. I can see why it’s a fave.

7. Resmi says:

Clementine is a very cute kid I must say. Every time you put up pics of hers for your projects, I sometimes just admire her more than your project. Ha ha… This dress is lovely!

Love,
    Resmi

8. angie says:

so stinkin’ cute!! as usual.

9. Karen says:

I love it! Cannot wait to make one for Ella!

10. Mandy says:

I can not wait for this pattern…thank you so much for taking the time to make it…I loved this dress the first time!

11. Tricia says:

I’m so excited about this pattern! I would love to test it if you need it!

12. k a t y says:

Love the dress.
    Love the girl.
    Love the scantily clad boys clustered on the blanket.
    Looks like a super summer start for you guys :)