Clementine’s Birthday dress!

It was perfect for running after bubbles,

playing in the sandbox,

pulling around her new suitcase,

riding her new bike,

(though a bit of modification was needed for the actual bike-riding)

and, extra bonus, it coordinated nicely with the Birthday Hat:

Happy 3rd Birthday Clementine!!!

Fabric by Sarah Jane, from her “Children at Play” line (and be sure to check out “Out to Sea,” her latest line with a nautical theme that is just as adorable!)

Categories: Homepage Slider, clothes for girls

28 Responses to Birthday Dress

1. Lynne Tilley says:

Precious girl, and that dress is just so incredibly sweet and precious!! Thanks for sharing!

2. Tina says:

very cute!
    I used the same wonderful Sarah Jane Fabric to make my daughters first birthday dress, too.

Greetings,
    Tina

Happy Birthday to your daughter!

3. Jenn says:

Oh my I love her dress and it looks like she had a wonderful birthday! Happy Belated Birthday Clementine!

Happy happy birthday, Clementine! Love the dress and the “underwear bustle” for bike riding. We do that too, hehe.

5. Allie says:

Oh my goodness I have always wanted to make a dress with that border print, but the pink rick rack is too perfect!

6. Jane says:

Adorable!!! I still want to get my hands on some of that fabric, love it!!

7. Karen LePage says:

Happy Birthday, Sweet Clementine! We love you!

8. Charity says:

That is so cute! I need to make this for my daughter, only I have about 30 other things on my list that have to come first. Love it! Happy birthday to Clementine!

9. KnitSewReadLove says:

Happy Birthday Clementine!!! Love the dress and the fabric; Sarah Jane is so lovely! It reminds me I need to sew up the last bit of her Children at Play that I have because I’ve got my eye on some Out to Sea for my girls… Or maybe I should order a little more Children at play while I’m at it. One can never have too much fabric, right??? (Hubby and I have differing opinions on this one…) =0)

10. Bernadette says:

Such a beautiful birthday dress! I had to laugh scrolling through the photos, the dress looked so pretty and just got more crushed and worn and then finally hitched up for bike riding! Dresses are so not practical! Hope you had a great birthday Clementine.

11. Now I want a birthday hat! Too cute (and so is the dress).

Hmmm, I wonder what the solution is for dresses and bike riding that doesn’t involve a lot of wrinkles…

12. Elise says:

Hi Rae,

You are the BEST Mom ! The dress is adorable. The birthday crown is amazing . Clementine, is so darling growing so fast. As always I am in awe of your talent and originality. Thanks for sharing.
    Happy birthday to Clementine!
    Very Best Regards,
    Elise

13. Angie says:

Great use of that fabric and I love the ric rac trim around the sleeves. Looks like the O + S bubble dress pattern with some changes? Or that’s how I’d do it–heck, you probably free-hand-sketched the pattern. :-)

14. Teri says:

Love, love, love that fabric! So adorable. And I’m glad to hear there was no meltdown about the dress being “handmade” (cf. easter outfit)! :-)

15. Carina says:

Preciosa….

16. Carina says:

Preciosa…

17. Mary Jo says:

Ah, it’s such a beautiful dress! And Clementine looks so happy in it! What a perfect dress for a birthday. It makes me want to do something like that for my daughter’s 3rd birthday too…

18. Laura Brown says:

How precious! You are so blessed to have such an adorable little girl! I can’t wait until mine turns 3 (one more year!).

19. Cindy says:

Happy 3rd Birthday, Clementine!!

Love the dress…it’s super adorable.:)

20. Cate says:

Rae — beautiful dress, she looks great! I have this same fabric and am planning to use it for my daughter’s 1st birthday in November. I was thinking of using along with Sarah Jane’s balloon print from the same collection. Love her stuff! Looks like it was a happy birthday all around – hurrah!

I have the balloon print too!! Just didn’t have time to do anything with it, but it would have definitely been nice for the bodice of the dress (and made it more spill-proof)

21. liza jane says:

Ack! That dress is all sorts of sweet loveliness- I can’t stand it! Love the photo of the bike riding modification.

22. Nickie Gorsky says:

Beautiful girl and LOVE the dress! What pattern did you use? Many more birthdays, Clementine!

23. angie says:

oh the picture on the bike w/ her dress blowing in the wind is the best!

24. claudia marcone says:

That is a great dress… now i want to get these fabrics for my too girls party,

What pattern did you use?? i have problems to find nice one..
    thanks

25. Anneliese says:

Absolutely SO adorable! Just classic–as is Clementine!

26. i love this dress; can you please tell me the pattern and name of the pattern…i would like to find this pattern?