A little friend of Clementine’s turned two a few weeks ago and I made her this little dress as a present. Couldn’t help myself. How could I help myself when these three Lizzy House prints go SO WELL TOGETHER? No answer. I must say she looked quite fetching in it the other day at the Ann Arbor Hands On Museum. So cute!!!

The ambulance at the museum was an unexpected hit (with all of our kids).

A bit more about the fabric:
For the last couple years, Lizzy House has been putting out new colors of this circle print (called “Pearl Bracelets”) each time she designs a new line of fabric. I made the now-”iconic” pair of Big Butt Baby Pants using the orange/grey pearl bracelets from Red Letter Day (by the way, the term “iconic” came from someone who stopped my cousin and her daughter A on the street in Brooklyn because A wears Clementine’s hand-me-downs and happened to be wearing THAT pair of pants — isn’t that insane? Love it!). Also: you must check out the version Lizzy made for herself (scroll down in this post) — inspired by this Instagram pic of mine shown below. Love her buttons on the back especially!!

The red and aqua prints are from the Hello Pilgrim collection which is still widely available, and the yellow is from Outfoxed and is a bit tougher to find. A few of my sponsors over there on the sidebar still carry lots of Lizzy though, so have a hunt and see if you can find them!!

A bit more about the pattern:
Perhaps you can see a bit of Charlie-Dress-influence in this design; Elli and I were actually working on the pattern pieces for this dress earlier this year, then deserted it for other projects. I’m not saying we won’t pick it up again, but it needs a bit of tweaking to be it’s own thing yet.

Well. I’m headed to Seattle soon for my mama’s 60th birthday celebration. Not sure how much time I’ll have to blog since I shall no doubt be up to my elbows in fabulous birthday preparations and/or cocktails. Have a great week!!

Categories: Homepage Slider, clothes for girls

23 Responses to Colorblock Pearl Bracelet Dress

1. beth lehman says:

holy cuteness, batman~! love the neckline and the bow!

2. Mary O+A says:

I love the tunic look of this dress! And oh the shoes…they totally go!

3. Naomi says:

LOVE the dress!!! It’s gorgeous in design and fabrics. And it matches perfect with the shoes, which I am sure is no coincidence :-) Would love to see a pattern on this (but after the washi dress!! hahaha)

4. Jessica says:

I saw both yours and Lizzy’s on IG but wasn’t sure who inspired who (I’m sure one of those should be whom…) It’s seriously cute. Can’t wait for all the new colors.

5. Emmmylizzzy says:

So freaking cute! You are a sewing machine, lady!

6. Brenda says:

This is so cute. I can’t wait for the new line of Pearl Bracelets to be out this December!!

7. Laura says:

So cute, I do love these fabrics and those pants are definitely iconic. My mum turned 60 this week. Have a fantastic time celebrating.

8. I love the look of the “front-tie”—it’s darling! (And the fabric….well, it’s just edible-looking)

9. beth says:

Simply adorable! Happy 60th to your Mom!!! Mine celebrated hers last week. Smiles~Beth

10. So awesome and so cute! Great job!

i really love these colors together and the dress in general (lizzy’s too!). happy birthday to your mama, enjoy the pacific NW!

12. frogginette says:

So much adorableness: the dress, the shoes, the GIRL!

13. Amanda Rose says:

This is adorable. And those shoes match perfectly!

14. Kellie says:

I recognize that little cutie pie! The dress is adorable, Rae! Great job!

15. Erin Waters says:

You should certainly keep working on a pattern for this one…I love it. Can you look into sizing it up to a 10? I will be first in line to purchase…Good Job!

16. LOVE this dress. It looks so comfy.

17. KnitSewReadLove says:

I LOVE these fabrics together! LOVE! And I’m sure you have other projects in line, but if you ever do work this up into a pattern, my girls would definitely be sporting these dresses!

18. Shannon C. says:

So Cute! Love the colors and matching shoes. Adorable.

19. Lindsey says:

Clementine is the cutest little thing EVER!! And I love her dress! The pearl bracelet print is one of my favorites, I actually just ordered some of the brown. Is it sad that hearing that the yellow was becoming hard to find made me want to run to my stash and check that I have some?!

20. Beth says:

Please make the pattern for this!! ADORABLE! :-)