I’m working on a few posts to show you some of the fun things that were at Quilt Market in Houston this past weekend. First off though, I really want to show you my favorite NEW designer/line of fabric, Carolyn Friedlander’s Architextures for Robert Kaufman, which really blew me out of the water.

(annie of the village haberdashery and charlotte, her intrepid consultant, two of my favorite Brits)

What’s interesting to me about this line is that the designs are SO subtle yet so detailed…I usually fall for big bold prints but this line really captured me with the beautiful lines and textures. This was the floor:

As an ex-science teacher, my favorite prints are definitely the topographical lines (how many times have I wished for a USGS quadrangle on fabric?), but all of the prints are really, really lovely.

These quilts make me want to quit sewing garments and become a full-time quilter. Seriously. How amazing are these little shirts. Do you see how the inside of the shirts are quilted with the back side of the fabric?? Are you seeing this???

Categories: quilt market, travel

11 Responses to Best of Quilt Market: Carolyn Friedlander

1. CitricSugar says:

Oh, wow! Thanks for sharing this, Rae – that Local quilt is incredible. I’m a casual fan of architecture… Must make something like that!

Great fabrics.

2. Jenna says:

I am so in love with this line. I can’t remember ever buying a whole line of fabric, but this one is a MUST. Swoon!

3. Grandma G says:

Wow! I’m with you on those… they are the best new fabrics I’ve seen from QM so far! Love ‘em!!

Omigosh I LOOOOVE this! What a talented lady. I could see using this type of print for so many different things; it’s wonderful! I’d never heard of her either, but I’ll definitely be on the lookout for this line once it hits stores. Your Ty post cracked me up, too. What the heck?!?!?! That hat!

5. Beccy says:

Very cool. It is fun seeing the house quilt. I am designing one in my head for when I have the skills to execute it with a block of all the homes I have lived in in my life (a lot!). Thanks for the “introduction”. :o )

6. mandie says:

Those are stunning! I love the houses. :)

7. Ho Boy. Love. My hubby has worked in Civil Engineering for a long time and I think I can sway him to buy a bolt of each of these… Don’t you think?

8. Deborah says:

Without question, this is my very favorite new designer/collection from Market. I love everything about it, and will absolutely need multiple yards of most of these prints.

Also, sometimes when I see photos of you and I’m scrolling really fast, I think they’re photos of me and I have to go back to confirm that I wasn’t in a picture I don’t remember taking. Which is probably really weird, I guess, so maybe I won’t tell you that part, after all.

9. Rachel says:

having a Bach of Geological Engineering & a minor in Geology, I want some of the topographical lines fabric, too !!
    and the back side of the fabric on the insides of the shirts is soooo clever !
    thanks for sharing :)