I had a truly wonderful weekend, mostly due to the fact that we didn’t go anywhere. I’d been out of town two weekends in a row and sometimes you just want to stay home, you know? Do laundry, clean the bathrooms, make the rest of the house look semi-clean. I even found a little time to start on some new projects. A rainbow quilt for Clementine (above), a doll quilt for her doll with some of the scraps (below), and those colorful pom-poms. I love pom-poms so much, don’t you? I cranked out that little pile while Mr Rae and I watched a movie Saturday night. Not sure exactly what they will turn into yet, but I do know that Christmas is coming!!!

Categories: at home

19 Responses to Project Peeks

1. Karen LePage says:

Love the pom-poms and the adorable quilts! I was inspired to make pompoms this weekend, too…..guessing you bought the same book? ;)

2. Mmmm…yummy colors! Love it! Can’t wait to see what you’ve been working on! I love pompoms too…it’s the hairdresser on me..i love to snip snip away on them.

3. christina says:

Loving that rainbow quilt! Can’t wait to see the finished project.

4. Palak says:

I just spent the weekend making pom poms!

5. Nina says:

Wow, that quilt is going to be a stunner! Are the fabrics leftovers from making clothes?

6. tiffany says:

I can’t wait to see what you make with your pom poms! I made a pile this weekend too, but I haven’t decided what to do with them yet (other than admire the beautiful bowl-ful).

7. Jane says:

Wow, that quilt looks beautiful!!! I’ve got some pom pom making floating around in my head too! :) I totally hear ya on the need to just stay home sometimes to take care of home things!

8. Michelle says:

LOVE the fabrics in the quilt! Just a quick thought to share, as I did not discover this for years and years… but strip piecing would really speed up the time spent crafting this quilt. Cut long strips the width of the blocks, sew together in the correct order, then cut with a rotary cutter the same width. Thus you’ll have less “fiddly” piecing. :)

Yes…I know, that is a GREAT suggestion and I didn’t do that for a few particular reasons, but yes, I agree, that would have made it easier if I had thought of that beforehand.

Though, for the life of me, I cannot figure out how to do it and still alternate the direction of each colored square…unless I would do half one way and then half the other way…does that make sense?

9. AnnaPK says:

LOVE the quilt!!!!

10. liZ evans says:

Who doesn’t love pom poms?
    And…um..is that unicorn fabric??? If so why the heck haven’t I ever seen that before. It’s AWESOME!!!
    -liZ

hah! yes, it’s Heather Ross’ first line of Far Far Away prints on double gauze. So lovely. And now, so hard to find.

11. melani says:

Can we also get a peek of the new women’s tunic/top pattern you’re working on? Please?

12. Lauren says:

I saw this today and it reminded me of the pom poms you made. http://www.designmom.com/2012/10/the-perfect-gift-yarn-ball-bookmark/

Also, Love the rainbow quilt. Can’t wait to see more.

Lauren

13. Melissa N says:

A Heather Ross rainbow quilt?!! Gah!! So jealous.

14. Katie says:

Love those pom poms!

15. heather says:

ok. what do i have to do to get you to make me a quilt like that??? really, Rae, what do I have to do???? WHAT??????

16. Laura says:

your quilt is gorgeous, such lovely fabrics!