She was a rainbow cloud (see earlier discussion here). I told her she could have a very big piece of candy if she wore it.

And we borrowed Elliot’s costume from Karen, whose 14-year old son wore it when he was Elliot’s age. That’s right, Sonic is old.

UPDATED TO ADD:

Here’s a pinnable version of the costume if you’re interested (someone asked, so I figured it was easy enough to put up a new head-less pic for Pinterest purposes):

By the way, that’s a chopped up hula-hoop inside, to hold the curve in place.

Categories: holidays

20 Responses to Victory!

1. Charlotte says:

Sonic is even older – my 19-year-old nephew has the middle name “Sonic” after the hedgehog. Yes, really. Fantastic costume – so glad she wore it!

2. Sam says:

OMG cute. I love the looks on their faces.

3. Sarah AJ says:

Their expressions are priceless! Too cute.

4. Palak says:

I remember sonic! The costumes are just adorable :)

5. Sarah says:

rainbow cloud! i love it. glad she wore it for you.

6. birdyboots says:

Cute — I love her expression!!

7. tracy_a says:

Both adorable! The rainbow is so creative!

8. tracy_a says:

ps – is it ok to pin the rainbow?

9. angie says:

hysterical! I love it.

10. Jane says:

pure awesome, and so is her face!

hahaha such cuties! huge sonic fan (and sonic 2, Tails was da bomb) and it looks like she took a cue from E’s school photos with the “smiling.” hilarious. ;)

12. Cherie says:

That rainbow cloud costume KILLS me, it’s so cute! I’m glad that she wore it – I mean, haven’t these kids figured out yet that these costumes are for US not THEM? ;)

13. Awesome, my five year old would love the rainbow costume! For her fourth birthday whenever anyone asked what she wanted she said “a rainbow.” She still is crazy for them.
    Sonic is awesome, I played when I was a kid… we thought the one with Tails was fabulous because our littlest brother could play on the second controller as Tails and actually kind of play the game but without disturbing the gameplay, so he was distracted and everyone was happy. ;) (6 kids within a 10 year age span, if you can find a situation where everyone is happy it’s pretty much double-rainbow situation right there)

14. beck says:

LOVE IT! so stinkin cute the rainbow is!

15. Mie Brindle says:

Oh that is so fun. My daughter was a rainbow + cloud too ;-)
    You can see my version here: