I would be remiss not to mention the bunnies, since that is what she loves the most about this top, but personally I love the foxes and triangles on this print (one of my favorite prints in Lizzy House‘s Outfoxed line from last year. Her new line, Constellations, is just arriving in shops now. This ex-science teacher, for one, is very excited! Phases of the MOON, y’all!!!)

I made this little top to test out the new Geranium Dress pattern, just released last week. The top view is included for all of the sizes in the pattern. Eagle-eyed readers might notice a slight difference in fit between this top and the pink dress I posted last weekend; that’s because the dress is a size 4 and this one is a size 3. Since her birthday is in July, she’s right between the two sizes right now, though I like how both fit.

One other thing: I didn’t fold up the entire inch hem allowance on this one so it’s a teensy bit longer in these pictures than the actual pattern. If you do like this length though, just fold up 1/4″ twice instead of the full inch when hemming.

Post-photo cookie, yum!

Categories: clothes for girls

10 Responses to Geranium Top (with Bunnies)

1. Brittney says:

Ooo! I love it as a tunic. Super cute on her.

2. Kim says:

I’m with her; the bunnies totally make it!

3. Melissa says:

Too cute!

4. Alison says:

That is so darling!

5. liza jane says:

Super duper cute. I was a bunny fan in my younger days. I even got a bunny later on in high school that I named Lenny Rabbitz (I’m a dork). So I love the bunnies, too!

6. treen says:

Thanks for the tip about the Lizzy House line – AAAHHH! LOVE! I’m on a no-new-fabric-allowed restriction until I use up the batch I just ordered last month (I’ve just been accumulating and not sewing, and I don’t have the storage space for that), so I guess I’d better get to work and finish some projects so I can buy more. I’m pretty sure I can come up with something to make from those prints – Phases of the Moon, and definitely Supernova in purple!

SO CUTE. Love the cookie eating photo a lot, such a cute little hoodie too. Em doesn’t really have any tunics but she’s starting to open her mind up to leggings/jeans more lately, so maybe I can encourage that. ;)

8. Caylan says:

Checked out the Flickr pool and just about died of cuteness! This is an amazing pattern!