I know that’s a bold statement. I am no great Friend of the Kitchen, let me tell you, yet I still find time to make these cookies every December, year after year. Since I was in elementary school in fact…I think they were in a class cookbook or something. Mr Rae calls these his Kryptonite. And he doesn’t even really like sweets that much. My kids love them. I eat them five at a time (see picture below).

These are no-bake so they take almost no time, and they are seriously delicious. Something about the combination of white chocolate and peanut butter, and then the crispy rice krispies, mini marshmallows, and peanuts inside. Ground Control to Major Yum. You can use a microwave to melt the chocolate or stovetop, and the amounts are suggestions…I usually try to cram as many mini marshmallows in as I possibly can (not too many though or they start to fall apart). This is always my go-to for anything I have to bring cookies to during the holiday season. And they are always, always gone by the end of the night.

Ingredients:

• 10 or 12 oz bag (300 g) white chocolate chips
  • 1 tablespoon peanut butter
  • 1 cup each: mini-marshmallows, salted peanuts, puffed rice cereal (+ a little more to throw in until perfectly coated)

{Click on each picture for instructions. A “next” button appears on each photo if you hover over it. You can also click through to the flickr photo for more details on each step}

Enjoy!

Categories: cooking, holidays

29 Responses to The Best Christmas Cookie EVAR.

1. Sara Marinara says:

yum!

2. Lisa says:

Looks GORGEous.
    How much is in the bag of white chips Rae? – about 300g? (we tend to buy it in bars over here.)

3. Larissa says:

Who knew it was so easy to gain 2 more pounds? Those sound GOOD.

4. Jenny says:

Just once try replacing the Rice Krispies with Capn Crunch and see how you like it.

haha, you know, I saw that variation once in another recipe online. I don’t know, it feels like betrayal.

but maybe I’ll sneak it in there once. :)

5. Maggie says:

Looks yummy! We have a cookie competition at work which I have no time to bake for, so I think I might be bringing these!

6. Janette says:

Hi-

This looks fantastic! One question – do you use salted peanuts? I’m thinking those would be delicious but didn’t want to mess anything up. I think I’ll try them tonight!

Yes, I use salted peanuts — any kind of salted or cocktail peanut works great! I’ve never tried it with dry roasted peanuts, but I do use the 50% salted nuts at TJs and those are good too! :)

7. Suzie says:

‘Ground Control to Major Yum’. What a great expression! As a David Bowie fan, I’ll definitely be using this going forward! Love your blog :)

8. Michelle M. says:

My husband doesn’t like white chocolate. Do you think I could try to make this with semi-sweet chocolate?

9. Jody says:

Made them today for a cookie swap! Yummy! Doubled the recipe and got exactly 6 dozen cookies! (I did add a 1/4 cup or so more of all the dry ingredients..)

10. Kerry says:

I have had these cookies, but they were called something less politically correct. (I’ll whisper it to you.) Thanks for the recipe!

11. These look SO YUMMY. I’m up for anything that’s easy- thanks for sharing!

12. Jilliam says:

I wish I never tried out this recipe cos its SO addictive! We used a mixture of white and milk chocolate and I didn’t have rice krispies so we used cocoa pops instead and they turned out super yummy. Am giving away whatever is left cos we can’t stop eating them if they are in the house! :) Thanks for sharing!

13. Ashley says:

Thanks! These look awesome. I have to go to a cookie exchange on Wednesday out of town and have to cram about 30 hours of work on Monday and Tuesday before I go. These will be fun and fast to make!

14. Michelle Lubbers says:

No argument here, the best you say? Well, yes! One of my favorites! Yum yum yummy =)

15. Claudia M says:

Oh, yeah! So yummy!
    Thanks for posting this recipe! I just made a batch for a party we’re going to this evening. Easy, quick, no-bake, AND tasty. :)

16. Susan says:

Yum! Thanks for the recipe! I’ll be trying these out on my family next week.

Just a nitpicky note: Rice Krispies and puffed rice cereal are two different things. Puffed rice cereal would not work in these cookies. Crisp rice cereal is what you want.

17. I’m not generally a big white chocolate fan, but these look heavenly! And somehow I suspect that one little tablespoon of peanut butter will mitigate all the things I don’t like about white chocolate…I’m off to find out!

Ground Control to Major Yum? Oh, Rae, you’re a-dorkable. <3

18. Oh Rae, I made your recipe 4 times since you posted it… Enough said. They are truely the best cookies ever. I won’t call them christmas cookies though… I think I will make them the whole year round ;o)
    Thank you very much for sharing.
    I hope you don’t mind if I translate your recipe into german?
    Everyone who got a chance to taste them wants the recipe… I thought I’d ask your permissiom first – don’t want to steal it without asking ;o)))

19. Kate says:

I watched my boss eat FOUR yesterday at our holiday party! Thanks for the crowd pleaser.

20. kelly p says:

I wanted to let you know that I have made these cookies twice so far — the first time I used corn flakes because I was somehow out of rice krispies. They are delicious! And easy! Thanks for the recipe!