I’m happy to present a new free pattern download today! Yay!!! *kermit arms*

little geranium .

“Little Geranium” is a 0-3 month-size pattern excerpt from the original Geranium Dress pattern; it is the essentially the basic pattern in the newborn size.

This free 4-page pattern includes:

• 0-3 month size basic scoop-neck bodice and patch pocket pattern pieces
  • dimensions for rectangular gathered skirt pieces for both a skirt or top (I recommend you use a clear ruler and rotary cutter to cut these out)
  • 2 pages of step-by-step instructions (with a few pictures to help guide you through the steps).

littlegeraniumpocket

I’ll think you’ll find this teeny tiny version of the Geranium Dress to be both fun and simple to make, as well as ridiculously adorable!

littlegeranium2

Little Geranium is meant to allow you to try out the pattern in its simplest form as a freebie (there’s no mini-washi view or notched neckline). But let’s be honest, the hope here is that after trying Little Geranium, you’ll buy the much more awesome, incredibly amazing and spectacular GERANIUM DRESS PATTERN, which includes nine sizes, multiple views and options for skirts, bodices, necklines and pockets, as well as full color photographs and incredibly thorough instructions for each step. I don’t think there’s any harm in me just coming out and saying so.

Here let me help you find it:

So please enjoy this little 0-3 month snippet of the Geranium Dress pattern, please respect the terms of use (outlined on page 1), remember that it’s not OK to copy, email, or otherwise distribute this pattern, and…

click here for the Little Geranium Pattern Download

Happy sewing to you all!

PS Fabric designed by the amazing and illustrious Heather Ross for her Far Far Away III line from Kokka, of course.

This blog is proudly sponsored by
Categories: baby, geranium dress, patterns

66 Responses to Free! Little Geranium Dress Pattern

1. HokieKate says:

Hooray! Now I just need to find a 0-3 month old baby…

2. Alli says:

Ooh, thank you for the gateway pattern! :)

3. Cherie says:

That is so awesome and generous of you!! I can’t wait to find a lil nugget to sew this for!!

4. Grandma G says:

I’m into making doll clothes right now. Maybe this’ll work! Thanks!

5. Kellie says:

Thank you for sharing your hard work! What a great pattern!

6. Danielle says:

THANK YOU SO MUCH! I have two baby girl gifts to prepare and I cannot think of anything cuter! I cannot wait to sit down at my sewing machine!

7. pistol says:

THANK YOU! Having a baby in ~10 weeks. I’m sure I’ll be back for the complete pattern.

8. Jenni says:

This is an amazing and generous freebie! Thank you!

9. Natalie L says:

this is so awesome!!! i’m not a big clothing sewer so this will be a great “tester”!!!

10. Kim Leavens says:

How wonderful and generous of you.. can’t wait to try it…THANK YOU!!!

11. sharon says:

Yay! What a great day! Can’t wait to try it out

12. Jennifer says:

Oh, how adorable! I’m going to make one of these for a friend’s newborn. I’ve already made several pairs of your basic newborn pants, and they are fabulous! Thank you for sharing this pattern with everyone.

13. Faye :o) says:

Oooo goody! All of my friends seem to be springing babies at the moment, so I’ll pop this on my “to do” list :)
    Thanks! Faye :)

14. Cara says:

That wee dress just pulled an involuntary “ohhh” out of me.

15. Ali says:

I bought the Geranium pattern as soon as I could, but haven’t quite gotten around to it yet… but with multiple friends having babies this spring, maybe this Little Geranium will be the motivation I need!

16. Emily says:

Thank you so much! I’d been holding off on the Geranium pattern until my baby girl is a little bigger- she’s almost 5 months but still in 3 months sizes so now I can make it for her!! Hooray!

17. Toni says:

Rae thank you so much! xx

18. Erin says:

You’re really nice :)

19. Amanda Rose says:

Thank you sew much for this! I’d still like you to guest post on my blog if you are still interested!

20. Annie says:

Thank you so much!

21. Rachel says:

Oh it so adorably cute!! Haha and I lauged at your *kermit arms.* Totally imagined Kermit in my head doing that right beside your post, haha.

22. Christie says:

Thank you Rae!!! I’m really excited for this because I can use it for my litlte one on the way! Perfect! You are so generous to share it with us all. Off to download now!

23. Buffy says:

Ooooh Thank you so much! You’re timing is perfect as I’m expecting a baby and have suuuuuper baby clothes fever right now but sadly no budget for patterns :( So I promise as soon as I have a bigger budget I shall posthaste snap up your patterns :)

24. Jacinta says:

Thanks Rae… must find a baby girl now…. :)

25. Max says:

Thank you Rae! This has persuaded me to finally buy the Geranium dress pattern ^_^ I LOVE YOU!

26. christy simaina says:

Rae thank you so much! xx Your a doll and if i like i will for sure buy that pattern. <3

27. Marilyn says:

Thank you! That is very kind of you do that. I can’t wait to make one.

28. Liza says:

Thanks Rae! I am eagerly awaiting my summer baby and it just might be a girl and if so I promise she will have a few little geranium dresses.

29. Jennifer says:

Oooh, squeal! Thank you sooo much! I was wanting to make one of these for my newborn niece. Perfect timing.

30. Ginger says:

Thanks so much for the generous free pattern.

31. Aubrey says:

So I saw this on pinterest today while I nursed my 4 week old baby girl. during her surprisingly long afternoon nap, I was able to sew basically the whole thing – except pockets and buttons, which I completed after I had nursed her again and eaten dinner myself. The dress fits well and the instructions were easy to follow. I’m definitely buying the full pattern (and soon!) because I’m excited about making her more dresses! Thank you so much for the freebie! It looks fabulous on her.

32. Michelle says:

That is one of the sweetest little things I have ever seen!
    I almost want to hve another little one to sew it for.
    *almost* LOL
    ~Michelle

33. Angela says:

Thank you! I’ve been wanting to try kid’s clothes and this is the perfect way to start. ☆彡

oh geez the tiny size is so cute. fun idea releasing an excerpt!

35. hafza says:

Ooooh thank you so much for sharing this for free. Now I can make use all my scraps fabric and test my skill in making dress for my nieces.

36. Sarah says:

I have a baby shower to attend this weekend and have been trying to come up with something lovely to gift. This is perfect (and oh so lovely) and will be sewn up today! Thank you so much for sharing your amazing talents.

37. Katie says:

Yay! Thanks Rae!

38. Marjie says:

Oh, yeay! THank you sooo much! Baby’s have such soft skin and I find that the quilting cotton is a little rough on new skin. Can you recommend any super soft materials and possibly places they can be bought? I know Take take take. I just really have wanted to make this dress and my excuse has been not knowing my fabrics very well.

Double gauze is super-soft and perfect for baby clothing, as is cotton voile or cotton lawn. Most of my sponsors (see sidebar) carry at least two or three of these substrates. :)

39. Marta says:

Rae, thank you so much, what a lovely, lovely gesture!

I’ve been sewing only for a year, some pouches for friends, but mostly bibs for said friends’ babies…

The bibs were appreciated, but now little Louise is going to get a baby sister and I just need to take the next baby gift to another level…ouhhhh AND she’ll be born in the summer, so the mini-geranium is just absolutely perfect!

So, thank you once again for your generosity and, simply, for your blog. It is a great inspiration.

Greetings from Berlin,

Marta

40. Sue says:

Thank you so much for sharing. I just found out that grandbaby-to-be in June/July is going to be a girl. Printing this pattern and getting started! I want to do her monogram in the center in the front. If it turns out…I will email a photo. I am excited to say the least. Even if it is #6 and we already have both boys and girls – a new baby is always a blessing!

41. Sara Marinara says:

This just wants to made into a matching doll dress. Too cute!

42. Adrienne says:

Thank you for this! I am expecting my second girl (these two girlies have SIX brothers). And I am loving sewing dresses and pink things for this sweet new baby!

43. Michelle says:

Thank you!!!! My pastor is having a baby and we won’t find out the gender until the baby is born. If she has a girl, this will be my “welcome baby” present!!! You are go generous!

44. kate says:

Thank you! I have my first granddaughter due in April. This will be a fun project!

45. Sara says:

I have this all sewed up waiting for buttons and a hem. It is adorable, the directions were super easy to follow and I love how it came together. It was a lot of fun to sew and I will be buying the pattern to make one for my older girls. If those are successful maybe I’ll be brave to make a Washi for myself!

46. Allison says:

Thank you So much for this free download. I made my dress yesterday and blogged about it here:

47. Jill says:

Question- since the top 3″ of the skirt are not sewn at the side seam do you have to make a placket or otherwise finish that edge? I didn’t see anything mentioned in the pattern. Thanks!

hi Jill — If you are using the selvages as indicated in the pattern you shouldn’t need to do anything (they’re already finished, so just press them under and sew them down if you like. If you cut your skirt piece out from another part of the fabric, then you should fold under those edges and stitch them down. I usually go all the way down the entire length of the skirt when doing this.

And I think you mean *back seam* not side seam, right?

Hope that helps!

48. michelle says:

thanks so much for all you did to provide this pattern! So excited to get sewing! thanks again

49. Kristin says:

Just made this with some sweet old-school-style Winnie the Pooh fabric, and it is darling! Fortunately have a friend who just had a baby girl–going to her tomorrow. (Plus I made some bloomers to match–stinkin’ cute!) Wonderful pattern, so I’ll be getting the full version soon. And maybe I’ll get around to posting a pic to the pool tonight.

50. Wen says:

Thanks so much Rae … I gave it a try, and I loved it … now to get up enough courage to get your Washi pattern and actually make something for me!

51. Meg says:

Made a cute seersucker version of the little geranium dress… So cute! Thanks for a great pattern!

52. Jen R says:

Love the Geranium dress – my little girl needs a bigger size though!!! Any chance you’ll expand to include bigger sizes? Please!!! :)

53. Josiah Elfrink says:

It’s a lot of fun to get and give an assortment of gifts items and it’s a good way to ensure that everyone is included in the family during the happy occasion. It’s especially good to remember any other little brothers or sisters in the family, who may perhaps and probably feel somewhat left out by all the fuss over the new baby…

Our favorite web-site
    <.http://www.beautyfashiondigest.com/corset-wedding-dresses/

54. Anshu says:

Thanks for letting us try the pattern for free. I featured it here:

55. Katy says:

I have been hunting for patterns for a Baby Doll – lots for the American Girl type but not much for Baby type Dolls. I printed this out at 75% and it is working out great. Thanks!

56. Garigo says:

Merci beaucoup!!!!! cette petite robe est trop mignonne!
    J’enverrai des photos dès que je l’aurai faite ;o)

57. Janeen says:

I am confused, you have the smaller dress with a scoop neck but on the larger version you have a little cut out? Can I altar the larger version to be the same as the little pattern with a scoop neck?

58. Chelsea says:

Just tried out the pattern and posted about it here:

Thanks for providing this for free! I loved the results and will definitely be purchasing the larger sizes in the future :)

59. Thanks for this lovely tutorial – perfect for my soon to be granddaughter, really enjoyed making the dress and the tutorial was so easy to follow!
    http://www.sally-ann.co.uk/baby-dress-new-arrival/ – for some pictures

60. [...] easy, and adorable. I’ve sewn two; the second being for my cousin. The Pattern is “The Little Geranium Dress” by Made-by-Rae. You can purchase the dress is bigger sizes as well. (this is the free size 0-3 and fits my 12 week [...]

61. [...] my new granddaughter a tiny little dress, she is due in August, I came across this lovely and easy pattern from the Made by RAE blog.  It was so easy to follow, great instructions and photographs made it [...]

62. [...] is the free version of her wildly popular geranium dress [...]