With Valentine’s Day coming up, it seemed appropriate to post these fun little pants with heart kneepads.

So easy, all it takes is four little hearts cut out of fabric. I already have another pair planned out (grey pants, pink hearts).

Just cut out four hearts, sew them together two at a time with a small-ish (1/4″-3/8″) seam allowance, leaving a turning hole.

Notch or grade the seam allowances and press them flat.

Then pin and sew them to the pant leg in the desired location. As you can see I like to use a worn pair of pants to help me locate the spot where the knees are. Then sew up the pants and you’re finished!

(What happened to my resolution that I would sew more for the boy this year you ask? Don’t worry, I have been busy. More to come, soon…)

Categories: clothes for girls

28 Responses to Heart Pants!

1. Tanis says:

These are just the cutest thing! I want some for myself!

2. Sarah says:

I’m so sorry that I won’t be able to see the gray/pink version, because I have already DIED FROM THE CUTENESS.

3. Rachel says:

Oh those are just too cute – the kneepads! Adorable.

4. Charlotte says:

so cute! I wish I had a little girl – mine are all too big now!

5. brooke says:

Those are so cute! Hmm wonder if I could make them at all manly? Don’t boys need V-Day outfits too? LOL. Looking forward to some boy inspiration coming soon because I’m feeling the blues that I can’t make girly outfits:).

6. Carlee says:

Is it sad that I’d like to make myself a pair?

7. Melissa says:

These are really adorable! Am I missing something or do you have a pattern somewhere for the actual pants?

hi Melissa,

I don’t actually have a pant pattern available (yet? we’ll see!); this is just a basic pattern I drew up to Clementine’s measurements.

8. Roberta Johnson says:

I was going to ask the same question. Do you have a tutorial or pattern that has instructions for the half elastic waistband? These are adorable!

9. darci says:

Wait!!!
    When did her legs get so long?

10. Shannon says:

Love these! So adorable!

11. aimee says:

Sigh, wishing I had a little girl right now. Doesn’t happen that often which means these pants are awesome. I have some robot patches to sew on some pants with holes. When’s celebrate the boy? I need to get geared up.

12. Miranda says:

Very cute. Great idea about using worn pants to locate the knee! I made the kids wool p.j’s with knee pads and the pads are a tad low, but I wasn’t about to unpick the tiny zigzag stitch on wool:)

13. Lisa says:

perfect I was just about to sew hearts on my daughters jeans

14. Brenda Melahn says:

Love these — think I will try hearts on the rear for my 8 year old granddaughter who thinks she’s 18.

15. Star says:

I LOVE the pants and simply adore those hearts. I’d also love a tutorial on the pants!!

16. Su-Yin says:

Gorgeous! Also, Miss C’s hair looks so lovely, is it like that all the time? Or do you, like me, frantically drag a brush through just before pics?!

17. Ana says:

Oh snap! I’m about to do this to a pair of B3Ps in red cord (red on red) for my almost 10 month old for v-day. Perfect!

18. erin says:

okay, just STOP!!! these are the sweetest! i love how tall she looks in these photos when her shirt is tucked in…hehehe :)

19. Katie says:

Love these, Rae!

20. I love these. I think mini boden used to do heart patch pants that I was in love with!

21. ARK (spoonie book in the photo) is awesome. have you read her ‘encyclopedia of an ordinary life’? it’s awesome!

i vote for unicorn knee patches next! i’d totally wear them!

22. suz says:

These are gorgeous. Might have to make a pair – maybe for my babe – she is 10 months and doing a lot of crawling – the hearts will give her some cushioning!! Love your blog

23. Delia says:

So cute and your daughter is darling.

24. Rae – as always, I love these!!! We have a couple of pairs of heart pants in our house and I swear they are in constant rotation!! love your red pants! May need to follow suit :)