Happy Monday! Time for my last post with the gorgeous Geranium Dresses made with Tsuru from Cloud 9! [Part I / Part II / Part III]

These two were having a great time by the time the photoshoot ended, so I’m really fond of how these photos turned out. The “Of a Feather” print on the flutter-sleeved dress is truly gorgeous; I really like how it looks like a completely different design in this navy colorway (the ivory version is in this post). And the “Blossom Festival” border print is another completely stunning print. I think this would make a beautiful skirt for me too!

Karen cut the skirt sideways so that the border would fall along the hem of the dress. I love that she made it super long too! Gorgeous.

Doesn’t Phoebe look like a little angel? I know what her mother will say to that.

Hugs!

I hope you’ve enjoyed our wonderful little Tsuru-Geranium collection! So much fun to make this project happen. Special thanks to Karen for sewing up the dresses, to Michelle at Cloud 9 for the initial concept and asking me to do this in the first place, and to Rashida for creative input and designing such amazing fabrics! Here’s one last shot the whole collection on my sewing room wall:

Now these little gems are all getting packed up and shipped off to Cloud 9 to get ready for Quilt Market!

Tsuru is widely available in shops now. To see all of the Tsuru fabrics, head over to Cloud 9. And to see all of the pictures in this series, you can see them in this set:

What do you think? Did I save the best for last? Which one was your favorite?

This blog is proudly sponsored by
Categories: geranium dress, patterns

17 Responses to Final Pair

1. fitri says:

Dear Rae :
    I’m interest with Geranium and Wahsi Dress Pattern for my little one, she is 6yo – do you have an available pattern for that age ? if yes, please let me know.
    Thank you.

2. Kelly says:

They are all gorgeous! I love little girls clothes that aren’t the usual “girl” colors but still look age appropriate and girlie. The navy 1000 cranes dress is my favorite. I just bought several fabrics from this line, I can’t wait to sew some outfits for my girls!

3. Cathy says:

Love the little dresses and the two beautiful little models! The birds on the wall are a really cool idea! ♥♥♥

4. Helen says:

They are all stunning and completely unlike anything that is available commercially for kids. Such inspiring and amazing work! I need to win the lottery because I want one of each of these! And maybe a bolt of each fabric too!

5. EmSewCrazy says:

All of these have been lovely. My favorite print has to be 1000 cranes. The girls are adorable. It’s been fun watching this series.

6. Rebekah says:

What amazing dresses, and fabric, beautiful! Beautiful girls too :)
    I just bought the geranium dress pattern and can’t wait to sew it up in the different variations for my girls (almost 3 and almost 1), probably at least one will have to be in the cerulean cranes that is my favorite.
    I haven’t had a chance to read through the whole pattern yet…. do you tell how to sew on a contrast band to the hem like you did in the cerulean cranes tunic?? I’m sure I could probably figure it out, but if you had a pattern piece/tutorial that would be easier :) Thanks!

7. Brittney says:

It really is the perfect pattern to show off such beautiful fabrics! Great job to all who worked on these, beautiful!

Aw geez they are the cutest together. Love the longer length, too. Great sewing, Karen, great photos, Rae, beautiful fabric, Rashida, adorable kiddo, Emily! :D

9. Melanie says:

So. Flippin. Cute. The little girlfriends, the dresses, the birds on the wall. All of it.

10. Upstatemamma says:

Oh just melt my heart with how cute they are together. Those dresses are adorable but the pictures of these two girls together are too much.

11. Mary says:

This whole collection is lovely, and reminds me very much of Tea collection clothing for kids.

12. Kathy Laird says:

I love this dress so much!

13. Margaret says:

I love all of them, but I think my favorite is the one on the far right in the picture of the whole collection–the navy blue cranes. I also love the tunic version–the white motif print. Alas, my daughter will not wear dresses, so I can only admire these from afar. :-)

14. Barbara says:

I’m so in love with all this! The pictures, the girls, the fabrics, the patterns, the decor! What an absolutely beautiful project! I’m definitely buying some of this fabric! Well done!

15. Kim says:

I absolutely adore these fabrics & seeing them in these absolutely adorable dresses really opens up my imagination! Favorite: Geranium dress in ‘of a feather’! I’d already been eying the crane fabric for a bedspread, but now I want the whole range and start sewing (a grown-up Geranium for me :) ).

16. Anneliese says:

All I can say is “Art.”

Beautiful!

-A

17. Mikea says:

A favorite is so hard to choose! Im really itching not to buy a couple yards of every one now! I really like the blue in this post! Reminds me of aomething vintage eapecially with the dress and the length. That one is goung on my list for sure in a few yards so i can make myself something too. And i was actually thinking how phoebe looks like a baby(or more toddler than clemintine). Then the “angel” comment seemed more like it. I dont know why i keep thinking clemintine is older, like 5! Haha but my som is 2 and i often have to remind myself of this. She is definately a beautiful girl!