- I cut and sewed this dress yesterday. It was on my Summer Sew list and I figured I’d better get moving.
- Knit garments can be made really quickly when you own a serger. This dress has four seams, so it was like lightning.
- I love it when things you’ve been putting off take almost no time to throw together.
- I’ve never felt the maxi dress was much of a friend to the sewing mama…it really makes a poor effort to hide the post-partum belly, bearing in mind that my “baby” has just turned four, ahem. And then, horizontal stripes…
- You better believe I am sucking it in for these pictures. Big time.
- More info on the knit I used in this post.
- I tried to line the stripes up, I really did. I swear there is some rule in the universe that if Rae Tries to Line Up Stripes They Will Not Line Up and when Rae Doesn’t Try They Will Magically Align.
- Also let’s just ignore the fact that I cut the back with the stripes in the opposite order than in the front.
- This pattern was taken from the Alabama Chanin Studio Sewing and Design book, though I did not sew anything here by hand, and I eliminated the front and back seams by placing that edge of the pattern along the fold.
- Jamie Christina also has a fantastic maxi pattern if you’re looking for one.
- We are going to a Great Wolf Lodgey place this weekend with Mr Rae’s family. I have never been to one before. I think it will be fun. I will be sporting my new maxi dress with pride.
- What’s on your summer sew list yet? It’s time to get moving on it before it’s too late!