The Parsley Pants pattern is a basic pant made with just one pattern piece, making them so ridiculously easy and quick to sew! The basic version features an elastic waistband, but even the extras (flat front, pintucks, pouch pockets, box pleat pockets, kneepads and the tuxedo stripe) take very little time to add. You’ll be amazed at how quickly these come together!
This item is featured in the following blog posts:
- Creativebug Outfit for Hugo
- Plaid Parsley Pants with Piping
- Fall clothes for Hugo
- Parsley & Moon Pants Roundup
- Ninja Boy!
- Upcycled Parsley Pants
- Favorite Pants
- Easy Parsley Shorts for Elliot
- Parsley Shorts Roundup
- Super seams!
- How to make shorts from a pants pattern
- Velveteen Parsley Pants
- Nani Iro Pajamas for Clementine
- Parsley Pants Sewing Pattern is here!
- Coming soon…Parsley Pants!
- City Pants
- Tuxedo Stripe Pant
- Saffron Pants
- Heart Pants!
- Woven fabric (see yardage chart below for amounts)
- 1″- to 1 1/2″-wide elastic for waistband
- Coordinating thread
- Optional: fusible interfacing for views with kneepads and/or flat-front waistband
- Optional: lining fabric for views with pouch pockets and kneepads
- Optional: strip of contrast fabric or ribbon for view with tuxedo stripes
Recommended fabrics: bottom-weight fabrics (canvas, twill, corduroy, velveteen, denim) or mid-weight fabrics (flannel, quilting cotton, linen sheeting, poplin, shirting, chambray).
Sizes and Finished Measurements
This pattern comes in children’s sizes 2-10.