Here you’ll find answers to your questions about teaching classes using my patterns, and selling items made from my patterns and tutorials.
BLOG AND PATTERN USE GUIDELINES
– I reserve all rights to all content on this site, including but not limited to my blog posts, patterns, photos and tutorials. These materials may not be republished or distributed without my express written permission.
– If you would like to sell items made from my patterns, please see the “handmade sellers’ terms & conditions” below
– If you would like to teach a class using one of my free tutorials, please contact me for details.
– If you would like to use a pattern for a charitable purpose, please contact me with your request; I often say yes but please ask first!
HANDMADE SELLERS’ TERMS & CONDITIONS
If you would like to make and sell items made from Made By Rae patterns, please do so with our permission. In return, we ask that you:
- Only sell what you can make by yourself (no mass production)
- Link back to the Made By Rae website if you list your products online
- Give design credit to Rae Hoekstra and indicate that you have the designer’s permission to sell your items (e.g.”_____________Pattern designed by Rae Hoekstra. Used with permission.”)
Feel free to use our free hang tags here if you’d like to download and print them. We reserve the right to change our selling policy in the future, but at this point it’s unlikely. Please contact me if you have any questions! Happy sewing and selling.
PATTERN TEACHING GUIDELINES
The majority of my pattern sales are for individuals sewing at home, but I’m so excited that instructors are interested in using my patterns to teach others at shops or in studio settings! My patterns are great for beginners, and I’m so glad to have the opportunity to help budding sewists develop their skills.
Individual sewing instructors or sewing studios/shops may offer sewing classes using my patterns, with the following requirements/restrictions:
- Notify us by email to let us know that you’re teaching a class with one of my patterns and that you’ve read this page and understand the terms.
- Each student must have or acquire his/her own copy of the pattern for the class. Copying Made by Rae patterns for classroom use is strictly prohibited.
- Each shop/instructor must either purchase enough copies of the pattern for each student (either digital or print, wholesale rates are available), OR have students buy their pattern directly from the Made by Rae shop (digital), OR have students purchase their pattern in person or by mail from one of my pattern stockists (print).
- If using one of my free patterns, each student must bring his/her own copy of the pattern to class, or email me to request limited permission to duplicate and/or distribute. Copying Made by Rae patterns for classroom use without permission is strictly prohibited by copyright law.
- You may not photocopy/duplicate pattern pieces or print multiple copies for multiple people from one digital pattern file.
- You may not email or distribute Made by Rae patterns in either hard copy or PDF.
- Link back to the Made By Rae site or Pattern Shop when listing or advertising the class online or in newsletters to provide designer credit.
- Please request permission before using any photos off my site. Please do not use photos posted online by my customers without their permission. A Dropbox folder with permission to repost is available with photos of our patterns by request.
- Finally, please encourage your students to share their finished creations on social media!
Rae Hoekstra Designs LLC (“Made By Rae”) is not responsible for the outcome of any sewing project or class. The individual instructors or organizations that teach classes with my patterns are not representatives or employees of Made by Rae and are not affiliated with Made By Rae in any way. I reserve the right to deny teaching rights to any individual or organization if they fail to comply with these requirements or misrepresent my business in any way.