This gathered skirt features a flat-front waistband with elastic in the back for a flattering and comfortable fit.
Two views are included: a knee-length version with cutout pockets and contrasting hem band, and a midi-length version with inseam pockets.
Cleo’s versatile design works with many different kinds of fabrics; make it with cotton for an everyday staple, or dress it up with silk for a fancy party skirt!
Cleo Skirt Sewalong
I’ve put together a “Skirtalong” that covers all the details of making a Cleo Skirt from start to finish. These posts divide the steps into 30-60 minutes over 5 days, but you can take the sewalong at whatever pace you like!
Intro: Let’s have a Cleo Skirtalong!
Day 1: Get ready (measure and choose size, wash and press fabric, trace pattern)
Day 2: Cut out your pieces
Day 3: Attach pockets and sew side seams
Day 4: Attach waistband
Day 5: Elastic and hem
This item is featured in the following blog posts:
- Jess Makes: Cleo skirt with side zipper
- My Cleo Skirt Class on Creativebug!
- Get ready for Cleo on Creativebug!
- Cleo Skirtalong Day 5: Elastic and Hems
- Cleo Skirtalong Day 4: Attach waistband
- Cleo Skirtalong Day 3: Pockets and Side Seams
- Cleo Skirtalong Day 2: Cut out and prepare pattern pieces
- Where to buy Cleo in print
- Cleo Summer Showcase, Part 2
- Cleo Summer Showcase, Part I
- Cleo Summer Showcase
- Cleo + Josephine
- Bird’s Eye View Gemma + Cleo
- Cleo Skirt Inspiration
- Loominous Cleo Skirt
- Cleo Skirt in rayon
- Liberty Cleo Skirt
- Cleo Sewing Pattern is HERE!
- Gingham Cleo Skirt
- Cleo Yardage and Fabric Recommendations
- Black Silk Radiance Cleo
- Green Striped Cleo Skirt
- Green maxi skirt with pockets
- Flying Cranes Skirt for Quilt Market
- One skirt + two sweaters
- Woven fabric (see yardage chart below for amounts)
- 1/8 yard lightweight fusible interfacing
- 1.25″-wide elastic (see chart below for lengths)
- Coordinating thread
Woven light to medium weight fabric such as lawn, voile, double gauze, poplin, shirting, baby wale corduroy, sateen, silk, quilting cotton, linen, or cotton-linen blends.
Sizes and Finished Measurements
This pattern comes in women’s sizes XXS-XL and plus sizes 1-3.