Beatrix is a button-back pullover top with a simple silhouette that is both comfortable and flattering.With two views that offer different sleeve lengths, button placket options, and a shirttail or banded hem, this is a truly versatile pattern for woven fabrics. Included are six sizes (XS-XXL) with two different front bodice pieces to fit either A/B or C/D cup sizes. This modern wardrobe basic is sure to become a new favorite!
Whether you want a full-immersion Beatrix experience, or just need some extra help with one step, the Beatrix Sewalong is a great resource! I’ve mapped it out so you can work slowly, taking about 30-60 minutes each day.
Preparation – Gather your materials
Day 1: Measure and Print
Day 2: Trace pattern and Make a muslin
Day 3: Cut and prep
Day 4: Sew darts, shoulders seams, and side seams
Day 5: Sleeves
Day 6: Prep and attach facings
Day 7: Hemming and button placket finishing
Day 8: Buttonholes and buttons
This item is featured in the following blog posts:
- Beatrix with invisible zipper
- Lace Beatrix with gold buttons
- Made this: Teal Beatrix
- How to make a Beatrix View A with the View B button placket
- Are you ready for a Beatrixalong?
- Beatrix is Here!
- Beatrix with Flying Geese
- Beatrix Yardage and Fabric Recommendations
- Let’s have a (Beatrix) party!
- Beatrix in Alison Glass Plus print
- The Original Beatrix
- Voile Beatrix with contrast bands
- Bespoke Double Gauze Blouse
- Woven fabric (see recommendations and yardage chart below).
- 3/4 yard lightweight or featherweight fusible interfacing.
- Coordinating thread
- Six 3/8″ or 1/2″ buttons
Woven lightweight cotton and linen blend fabrics such as voile, rayon challis, shot cotton, shirting, double gauze lawn, broadcloth, and lightweight chambray.
Sizes and Finished Measurements
This pattern comes in women’s sizes XS-XXL.